Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

27 April 2024 23:30

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: PRECESSION THE BASICS
Question:
Juxtaposed conditions during gyroscopic reactions

When the speed of a rotating flywheel is increased:
(1.a) Positive reaction: The power of resistance to tilt increases.
(1.b) Negative Reaction: The speed of precession decreases.

When the speed of a rotating flywheel is decreased:
(1.A) Positive reaction: The speed of precession increases.
(1.A) Negative Reaction: The power of resistance to tilt decreases.

When greater mechanical force is applied to cause tilt:
Positive reaction: The speed of precession increases.
Negative reaction: The power of resistance yields to greater force.

Question of the day:
What happens when both, the speed of flywheel rotation and the mechanical force to cause tilt are simultaneously increased?
Date: 25 November 2008
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 25/11/2008 13:44:09
 Answer:
The same as happens in (a1) (a2) (A1) (A2)

Question:
When precession speed is increased, what else is increased?

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 26/11/2008 13:27:44
 Relating to the above answer
(a1) (a2) (A1) (A2) are all ratios. When you increase, or decrease one, it’s paired number reacts oppositely
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Yesterday’s question is:
When precession speed is increased, what else is increased?

Answer: The speed of tilt also increases as precession speed increases assuring that the state of precession is short lived and the system is in imminent collapse.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Today’s question:
Considering the above limiting conditions, what are the possible remaining, if any, methods of achieving gyro based inertial propulsion?

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 03/12/2008 15:39:54
 Not, Flutter.
Certainly not a static balance point.

‘Balance point’ is a limited idea taken from the Sandy Kidd’s experimental model.
It is simple beyond words and has been tested millions of times. It doesn’t work.

‘Flutter’ is a quick repeating idea taken from the Sandy Kidd experimental model.
This is more complicated reasoning involving vectors and torques and a free wheeling, forgiving logic. I see no possibility for it, because I will say without a lot of explanation, ‘static perimeters’. Unless the gyro moves outward perfectly, horizontally, it cannot lift.

Then back to Kidd’s device and let us abandon these untested, half-measures of it I mention above. Kidd’s device has never, so far as I know, been disproved.

Then there is also my tests of some actually very complex gyroscopic manipulations. The ones I, in a fit of stupidly once referred to as an inchworm. What an awful demeaning name, wrongly suggesting limits far too modest of its promise of power and speed. Anyway, the inchworm might work.

That’s it, just these two remaining ideas. All the other’s I have investigated over the years fail, including all but one of my own.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products