Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

25 April 2024 18:56

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Bill Rizzo of Magic Lantern Productions
Subject: Home Built Camera Gyro
Question: Bill Rizzo of Magic Lantern Productions - 08/01/2009 17:47:19
Hi, Bill here of Magic Lantern productions, Greetings ! I'm looking for information on building a 1, 2, 3, Axis 12 Volt Electrically Driven system. I would like to contact the Gyro builder, ( Sandy Kitt ) I, have a small machine shop, but I, need information on how to drive the Gyros Electrically, I'm building a:
( http://www.sky-line.ca/index.html ) Sky-Line cable cam system. Note the Gyros at the ends of the carriage. I, would like to talk shop with any Gyro Builder & or Gyro Experimenter ... I have experimented with Aircraft Gyros, however they are Vacuum driven, and make noise. This noise can be picked up when we are recording Sync Sound. I was thinking of a Gyro with 12 Volt electric motor, with a Optical Encoder mounted on the end of the shaft, this encoder would pulse electricity to the Gyro motor. A feed back Tachometer would monitor the RPM's I was thinking of using a, " Radio Shack, " " Zip Zap " ( Hobby Car ) Transmitter to send and receive signals. The Gyro would have a Slip ring Commentator to deliver the 12 volts to the Motor, additional rings could be added as well to control other functions. This would be built around Ultra High Speed lubricated bearings. The housing would be fiberglass... Carbon Fiber / Kevlar construction, with a Vacuum inlet to draw off the internal air, and chamber space filled with commercially available Argon.

Thoughts about using .....
Disk Drive Motor
VCR Drive Motor
Floppy Drive Motor
CD Motor .......................?
Looking for any answers... Thank you for your time...... Bill of Magic... Cheers !
Date: 8 January 2009
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

• No answers yet
  • Add an Answer >>
    Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
    Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products