Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

3 May 2024 03:55

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: ravi
Subject: To the webmaster, Glenn and Glenn H. & anyone else interested
Question: So, Mr. Glenn (Turner) ! If Glenn (Hawkins) has retired and so has Sandy, that leaves you as the most active member just by virtue of having this site up and running!
And more, since you did make models and experiments yourself
Are you planning retirement?
If not, isn't there someway we could link up?

I dont know if there are others who've been building any and what kinds of models.
I also dont know if there are others who are active participants on this forum in model building? Or model builders associated but not necessarily on this forum.
Is there anyone else interested in and/or experienced in model building?

Glenn Hawkins, thank you for your gracious words. Yes, I could explain and prove. But I've got another round to go with the prototyping to convince the non-technical audience.

However, to motivate others, here are more details of the working prototype. Its 8 kg and consumes 150 watts of power and shows measureable thrust (measured to be 133 watts worth) in a technically unambiguous way. Thats not a bad efficiency to begin with, by the way, given that it can all only go up if better quality and more sophisticated design cycles evolve it and polish it up. A conventional IC engine has a top efficiency in the range of 43% or so, at least in the practically realizable domain.

I have filed for a patent. Yes, I intend to make a business out of it.
And Yes, I need partners and I do think the web can be a good way to get to know people and therefore to form partnerships. But I dont know if anyone here is interested...!! ??

Date: 10 April 2009
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Skyp T. - 11/04/2009 16:05:31
 ravi, do you have your own equipment to build devices or do you outsource it to a commercial machine shop?
Skyp

Report Abuse
Answer: r. - 13/04/2009 05:08:27
 mm.. I have a decent kit but I have both a knack for using whats lying around in hardware stores and access to good machine shops.

Whats on your mind?

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 13/04/2009 14:23:08
 Hi Ravi,

I see you've generated some interest here. Congratulations. You woke me up too.

Do I understand you correctly?
Because 90 watts of electricity will run a five foot ceiling fan at high speed, your apparatus is powerful enough to run one, plus one half of these big fans?

Your apparatus weighs about 16 Lbs, and will lift over 12 pounds?

Report Abuse
Answer: ravi - 13/04/2009 15:16:37
 Hi Ravi,

Im still here and will probably always have an interest in gyros. I have not done anything with gyro propulsion for sometime but I'm writing a book and that will cover the topic to some degree. In other words the main pitfalls and some history. There will be a few new expierments that will be of interest too.

So yes there will be more from me.

Glenn Turner

Report Abuse
Answer: ravi - 13/04/2009 17:22:41
 Glenn Turner, Nice to hear from you. Beautiful site!
I'm glad you've got this site! Its a great place. Thank you.

Thank you also for the Laithwaite videos and papers.
I think time will record that Eric was right to pursue his ideas.
Inspired it seems by Gabriel Kron, Eric was able to see things in a new way.
Although for some reason, unknown to me, he wasn't able to 'close the deal'.

I have a thorough background in mechanical and electrical science and I believe that made a difference for me. I have found electrical engineers can underestimate the value of mechanical concepts and Eric seems to have been a little bit so too.

Glenn H., nope. sorry. I said my device weighs 8 kg and produces an output of 133 watts. I'd love to explain more but I fear I am too cynical to think I could convince anyone who wasn't ready to be convinced - so I dont see a point in further analysis of the data I provided.

A better way to perhaps direct this conversation would be to use it as a spark for action - translating this sort of a thing into a real product. I feel that that is the way to avoid falling out over theory than can neither be proven nor disproven decisively through words alone.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 13/04/2009 19:17:17
 Ravi:

“. . . Nope. Sorry.” What?

1) You first posted, “Its 8 kg and consumes 150 watts of power and shows measurable thrust (measured to be 133 watts worth)”

2) I ask, “Because 90 watts of electricity will run a five foot ceiling fan at high speed, your thrust output would be powerful enough to run one, plus one half of these big fans.” Hay! Yes? Yes? Of course it would. Didn’t you understand the sentence?

3) Is 8 kg convertible to Lbs?
If the answer is yes, and of course it is, then your apparatus weighs about 16 Lbs, and would lift over 12 pounds exactly as I said? Yes? Yes? Of course that would be correct according to what you posted.

You now say in reply to me, “I fear I am too cynical to think I could convince anyone who wasn't ready to be convinced.”

What has your fear and ‘convincing’ have to do with anything? Nothing! I was seeking to clarify an understanding of what you said. The questions were the simplest kind of follow up on what you began. Convincing hasn't got nothing to do with it.

Ravi, “Nope. Sorry. . . I said. . . I‘d love to explain. . .so I dont see a point . . . further analysis of the data I provided.”

Data? Analysis? Really? That’s 8 kg. and 133 watts? I could let that go, but your poor manners are indefensible.

Never mind answering. You reminded me of one reason I don’t post so often any more.

Report Abuse
Answer: ravi - 13/04/2009 23:44:10
 Glen H.,
I mean no disrespect.

All I mean is I have no obligation to you to do any conversions for you. The MKS system is a fully consistent set of units and thats the medium of the conversation.

No respect given = No respect granted

Thats a promise.

Ponder that.

Asking "What does your machine output?" would be the sort of a thing I would think of as a followup question. The simplest kind. Since it derives directly from my statment.

What you have don is comparable in my mind to what a streaker at the ball park does.
In other words, entertainment.

Glenn Turner.

negativity is my turn off.
I want to talk about my theory because I am eager to share.
But I also need proper consideration for my rather delicate situation.

This is a public worldwide bulletin board.

So are there rules of debate for your forum?
For a debate to be successful, opponents must do due diligence in calculations, presenting argumentation in a single common set of units (chosen by default by the side opening the debate, in this case). Any conversions performed by a team must remain behind the scenes and may only be quoted as an FYI to their own party members or for their own documentation.

As the one opening the debate, I have no obligation to translate from MKS to another system.

I also have no obligation to do further research into an opponent's new claims allegedly derived from my claims. For example the following statment
"Because 90 watts of electricity will run a five foot ceiling fan at high speed, your thrust output would be powerful enough to run one, plus one half of these big fans."

I only need hew to my argument.

I am required to admit to crossexamination only when treated with the respect granted to a friendly witness. I am attempting to share while also being fair to my own interests and partners (both present and future).

I have the right to remain silent.

To speak in card player terms, I am allowed to withold 'aces' and play my hand without being 'negativized' by the opponents intent on forcing the play.

Perhaps if I'm being too demanding, I can create another forum.
That way you can still have Glenn H.'s and others' comments and such still on your site. (And I think I can confidently predict that there will be a lot before this is over.).

Balls in your court web master.

Report Abuse
Answer: patrick - 13/04/2009 23:57:05
 RAV im here but maybee this mes will not even get through but wil allways b there recorded that i had compliance, ENGLAND 07766748196, my on screen type txt is corrupted which may stop this sent but as stated can b recovered

Report Abuse
Answer: patrick - 14/04/2009 00:12:09
 OOOOOOOOPS wow realy wow, that amazes me that 360 degrees made up of 367 incraments which is a prime number, with an inner lesser circumferential circle being made up of 359 incraments.... both circles of prime incrament how could one evaluate that no iner or outer allaighn,,,,but of both primes then how should they...

Report Abuse
Answer: patrick - 14/04/2009 00:22:09
 DEUTIRIUM entropic fluidicity, enrico verne had knolage so do not shit me ooops get in touch b 4 the evaluation of our messia trys 2 work out what exac the myans knew of kig joser

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 14/04/2009 00:45:08
 “All I mean is I have no obligation to you to do any conversions for you.”

Contrar, contrar. Oh, Contrar. That funny stuff. I already did them for you -- twice.

You say, “Ponder that.” OK. I pondered it. You don’t comprehend very well.

I’m a “streakier“, you say? Did you just evoke the image of a nude man? Did I read you correctly? Did you next admit to engaging in this peculiar mental activity on an international site? Yes you did! Don’t say you didn’t. Freudian slips never mislead. I don‘t personally go for that sort of thing, ravi. You can just talk to somebody else from now on.

If you don't untie the knot in your ass you're not going to get any serious attention.

Report Abuse
Answer: ravi - 14/04/2009 01:10:08
 And thank you for the bumper crop of evidence in my favor. Please note Glenn T.

Glenn H., here's some more fuel for your fire *laugh*:

You want appear smart and deductively brilliant, hey Sherlock?
OK Tell me what do you think of Eric Laithwaite's analysis of Wallace's patent?

Give me your opinion.

If you dont understand what that has to do with anything, I'm telling you exactly that -you have no clue where I am coming from. So why dont you stop parading your private agitation through your public display of your ignorance?

Just as you are not obligated to answer my question just now, I'm not obligated to answer your questions earlier.

And how come no one ever taught you how to talk in company, Glenn H.?
Or is this how its always been?

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 14/04/2009 02:06:23
 From all the evidence I gathered, no one has produce I. P. to date, except and I hesitate to say this, I may have on several occasions, but I do not claim it, because I‘m not satisfied with having unmistakable, ironclad proof.

Do what you will, son. From what you’ve written I don’t think you have the mind for this, but let’s hope (I mean it) I’m wrong. Your personality is rotten. You have a complex. You don’t perceive well, but go for it. You can do no worse than all those before you. Good luck. Please stay away from me. I understand you. I don’t like you. Write to someone else.

Report Abuse
Answer: ravi - 14/04/2009 02:18:49
 Glenn Hawkins!!

:)

You're nothing but a smelly pirate hooker.

Report Abuse
Answer: ravi - 14/04/2009 02:26:13
 Hawikins! I didn't know you did more than just talk!! well, I'm impressed! What kind of models did you build?

Report Abuse
Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 14/04/2009 18:35:58
 Ravi,

I exploring gyros jointly should help the effort by tapping the diffent skill sets of the participants.

It sounds like you are looking for partners to explore different ways of building gyro propulsion devices; is that right?
Are you also interested in sharing ideas about the physics rules that gyros follow?

Regards,
Luis G

Report Abuse
Answer: ravi - 14/04/2009 20:02:24
 Hi Luis,

Thank you for the offer.

At the present moment I am of the opinion that I have figured out the rules already - if you show me different, I'd be happy to consider any collaboration.

Please check out my blog and post your comments. Perhaps we can go from there.

My focus is more on creating a working product - the main issues I'm facing are funding a full scale prototype and finding able and committed partners in actualizing the product.

Report Abuse
Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 14/04/2009 21:08:17
 Ravi,

Funding is often a main issue, especially in full scale projects.
I expect that a basic model that operates unequivocally will make all funding issues disappear given enough time.

I have spent a great deal of time designing my basic model in hopes that when it is finally built it will leave no room for doubt.

Is your first model something you can demo in YouTube?

Regards,
Luis G

Report Abuse
Answer: ravi - 15/04/2009 04:08:29
 Alright Glenn Hawkins. I apologize for calling you a smelly p's h. You are not a s.p.'sh.

Report Abuse
Answer: ravi - 15/04/2009 04:49:55
 Luis,
Yes. You're right.
But I've suspect you haven't been out there plugging for funding. Its takes a certain type of investor - a rare kind.

What is your educational background?
Is your job related to it?
Ravi

Report Abuse
Answer: PATRICK - 18/04/2009 02:22:38
 NO ans then realy, no lost freinds 2 find either. R u all 4 sure accerting an uninterest 2 apply there is nothing 2 b found at alllllll in my work.

OK ,mmmm my apparent road is the slow road. I will 4 sure write in ink 2 warwick, and try 2 find correspondal intrest in other forums or singular work horses of maths and i appologise to all 4 my agressive onslought of intrest prevoking seeking.......Am miffed 4 sure but is what taken as known is but my drawings and catalogue,,I was sure had no exact resemblence 2 any studied work

Report Abuse
Answer: PATRICK - 18/04/2009 02:22:42
 NO ans then realy, no lost freinds 2 find either. R u all 4 sure accerting an uninterest 2 apply there is nothing 2 b found at alllllll in my work.

OK ,mmmm my apparent road is the slow road. I will 4 sure write in ink 2 warwick, and try 2 find correspondal intrest in other forums or singular work horses of maths and i appologise to all 4 my agressive onslought of intrest prevoking seeking.......Am miffed 4 sure but is what taken as known is but my drawings and catalogue,,I was sure had no exact resemblence 2 any studied work

Report Abuse
Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 19/04/2009 13:55:36
 Ravi,

Degree in Economics
Currently contractor in technology Mgmt and IT for Gov Orgs

Regards,
Luis G

Report Abuse
Answer: patrick - 29/08/2009 09:03:18
 A Degree well a degree of my life is j j jj jj jus sso betrrrr, At least i dont av 2 fink 2 ard bout et. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM sweeetheart love 4 any of yows 2study the truth,,But like ravi told me lst yr fkm, dns tk a fkn rkt scntst 2 wrk out brv i kin acion,,yet would really have upon oneslf an indemnification to ensure the correct type of translated word by a condessant less educated fellow.wha wha that poor man.

Wht a twt , ifme erd anyrass spk disway 2dazewrld..da wud luk lyk sum ttl prk.

Because even tho the art of reflective speach on to another is so more beguiling than a mere conformant could ever posture,

U see those toffy fkin cnts entered the mobile world of technological advance n yes n instantaneously did not like{ c u l8r} or lol, or see you next tuesday...ha

yet those toffs who hated abreviated txt ,,,,n yes only because their masssive intalectual brains were the last 2 know.............................BLE4SSS A
Bless um A

For those of the more educated. i wrote
BLESS AY (you would never beleive what isay )but bless them eay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theonly way is man 2 man

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 29/08/2009 22:08:51
 PATRICK

LISTEN TO ME.

I’M GOING TO TRY TO HELP YOU.

NOBODY ELSE HERE WILL.

You must in turn have patience and be willing to work. I know you don’t read your email, but post your email address on here on this site, then you must start checking your email. We can communicate back and forth with questions and answers, until I understand and can formulate what you think into clear and easy to understand English. Then we’ll post that and you’ll be understood.
Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 30/08/2009 22:22:30
  PATRICK

LISTEN TO ME.

I’M GOING TO TRY TO HELP YOU.

NOBODY ELSE HERE WILL.

You must in turn have patience and be willing to work. I know you don’t read your email, but post your email address on here on this site, then you must start checking your email. We can communicate back and forth with questions and answers, until I understand and can formulate what you think into clear and easy to understand English. Then we’ll post that and you’ll be understood.
Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 04/09/2009 17:13:32

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products