Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

3 May 2024 02:28

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: ravi
Subject: Sandy, Luis, Glenn and other gyro-gurus
Question: Gentlemen,
I thank you all for your valuable contributions - believe me, I do not think evolving ideas is any cleaner than this even in the design departments at Intel or Google or NASA. People disagree- thats natural.

TIME IS OUR ENEMY - this problem needs to be felled.. It needs to be felled NOW.

Academia will not be helping us out. Experimentalists lead the way for the theorists most of the time physics anyway. Until Tyco Brahe made his observations, Johannes Kepler couldn't derive the laws planetary motion.
So we are the ones who will need to fell this problem. And we're not doing that. Not well enough.

This too will all pass one day. But here is a challenge. We've got lots of people from all over the world posting here, claiming patents for the solution. One of them, someone with or without a patent yet, has the right idea. who..? who? who? Lets find out. If you're serious and you think you know how to make that sucker fly, do something about it - now.

[Sandy, I do understand what you mean by that one thing that you found - I dont know if we're talking about the same one thing though. I do believe that Eric Laithwaite and you are the pioneers. Your names will go down in the history books. No doubt in my mind. Your critics will be eating their words with the next 2 years, I promise you.]

Those who wish to participate should post their blog address here for others to follow.

I am starting a countdown - at the end of 60 days, we should present our theory and/or our best working model. Those who dont have a patent filed do not have to show the theory, but rather just the working model.

Lets do this together - even if we are building our own ideas, atleast we will be motivated better by knowing the others are inexorably getting closer and closer to their deadline.

Please think about it carefully.
We've got no time to lose.
If we dont try now, we will have no one to blame but ourselves.

I will start the countdown clock on my blog. This can be a reality show of sorts of our own. I will blog my progress. If you do the same, this could become our own reality show that changes the world, if even one of our designs succeed.

And success or failure, we will have the bond of effort and maybe we can forge an alliance out of it. We know, we need to band together.

If you take this challenge and my design works and yours doesn't, I am still willing to consider negotiating with you to come on board as a respected and welcome partner.

What I want to feel is the heat of the chase - trying to nail the problem and see it finished.

As I Walked Out One Evening
by W. H. Auden

As I walked out one evening,
Walking down Bristol Street,
The crowds upon the pavement
Were fields of harvest wheat.

And down by the brimming river
I heard a lover sing
Under an arch of the railway:
'Love has no ending.

'I'll love you, dear, I'll love you
Till China and Africa meet,
And the river jumps over the mountain
And the salmon sing in the street,

'I'll love you till the ocean
Is folded and hung up to dry
And the seven stars go squawking
Like geese about the sky.

'The years shall run like rabbits,
For in my arms I hold
The Flower of the Ages,
And the first love of the world.'

But all the clocks in the city
Began to whirr and chime:
'O let not Time deceive you,
You cannot conquer Time.

'In the burrows of the Nightmare
Where Justice naked is,
Time watches from the shadow
And coughs when you would kiss.

'In headaches and in worry
Vaguely life leaks away,
And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day.

'Into many a green valley
Drifts the appalling snow;
Time breaks the threaded dances
And the diver's brilliant bow.

'O plunge your hands in water,
Plunge them in up to the wrist;
Stare, stare in the basin
And wonder what you've missed.

'The glacier knocks in the cupboard,
The desert sighs in the bed,
And the crack in the tea-cup opens
A lane to the land of the dead.

'Where the beggars raffle the banknotes
And the Giant is enchanting to Jack,
And the Lily-white Boy is a Roarer,
And Jill goes down on her back.

'O look, look in the mirror,
O look in your distress:
Life remains a blessing
Although you cannot bless.

'O stand, stand at the window
As the tears scald and start;
You shall love your crooked neighbour
With your crooked heart.'

It was late, late in the evening,
The lovers they were gone;
The clocks had ceased their chiming,
And the deep river ran on.

Date: 29 April 2009
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: ravi - 29/04/2009 17:32:32
 oops!
Didn't mean to include the poem, but DID mean to include the following; Its a nice poem though a bit depressing. I think time can be our friend too. IF we are prepared to work.

If those who dont have a patent filed feel like they dont want to reveal the working model before they file a patent, then atleast complete your patent application in these 60 days if nothing else, then to capture your effort in a potentially useful documented form.

Report Abuse
Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 01/05/2009 15:20:14
 Ravi,
Please respond to the email address of this posting.
I dont go there frequently but we will be able to have an external dialog.
Best Regards,
Luis G

Report Abuse
Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 03/05/2009 03:29:55
 Hi Ravi,

A joint effort has always interested me so I welcome what you are proposing. However there are some items that need to be addressed beforehand.

Patent Office pamphlets state that “ideas alone are not patentable”. Mechanisms, designs, and processes (am I leaving something out?) are the only things that inventors can patent.

Theories are ideas and cannot be patented by themselves; they need mechanisms or processes to complete the patent “specifications”. Patent “claims” are based on theory but cannot stand alone in a patent (patents need “specifications” to make “claims” about).

Information about how to apply theory to create products can be of high value. However, as stated by EDH (a previous contributor who claimed success in this forum), "the science should be free". I think the theory behind the science should be free; if we hide the science, we are inwardly assuming that someone else, more clever than us, will beat us to the patentable device or process (once they learn the theory).

Most people (even the well educated) are not geared or willing to understanding someone else's theory (especially when it is convoluted). For that reason I felt safe publicly developing and posting my theory (already done). Anyone with sufficient insight to recognize that someone else's theory is closer to reality than their own deserves the right to use it in developing their own patents etc.
(It is better to have gyro propulsion happen in our own lifetime than not at all.) In any event, the first person to publish a coherent theory publicly can benefit as much as an inventor who uses the theory. Both persons will get their 15 minutes of fame and whatever comes with it.

I like the idea of each individual setting-up their own blog or forum; this will permit expressing ideas without unnecessary interruptions. These web sites are easy to create and can be restricted to participants by-invitation only.

Also there is need to work out serious agreements to not divulge or discuss with anyone else what is found in the web site where someone has been invited (without exception). This is of highest importance, especially when information shared can lead to patent “specifications” or “claims”.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Are you willing to publish your theory so that we can compare notes on the science?

Best Regards,
Luis G

Report Abuse
Answer: patrick - 10/05/2009 13:02:09
 For how they speak,for how they know
has no endearment,but what they show
Give i not nor helpfull to show
simplistic form,passion and woe

Entropic desire,my soul a fire
give what is
to my abode my sire

Report Abuse