Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

2 May 2024 16:37

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: David Northcutt
Subject: I believe I have a design for gyroscopic propulsion
Question: I believe I have designed a machine to create lift using gyroscopes but building the prototype is still underway. How do I get some help with this without someone stealing my design and getting all the credit for it?
Date: 11 May 2009
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Harry K. - 12/05/2009 13:02:56
 Welcome David!

If you post your idea here in the forum, nobody can steal it because it is already published.
;-)

Regards,
Harry

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 12/05/2009 18:02:15
 Hello David Northcutt,

I can tell you this. There is literally hundreds, no, thousands of patents for inertial propulsion free to view on the internet and build. The machine and whatever could gained in notoriety and money would belong to the builder. The most famous of these that are either free, or are free to investigate and build belong to Sandy Kidd and Professor you-spell-his-name. Here is the deal---- nobody wants to build any of the damned things, mine neither, they never have -- nor your‘s either. The problem you see, is not at all about having your property stolen, but finding a way to bedazzle, charm and plead for help, to which you will get little, or none of. They don’t want you brilliant device!

If you can write sensibly, explanatorily and with simplicity and easy somebody here might give you the benefit of their ability and make some suggestions. Of course you can always hope for more than others have ever gotten in this business.

What you think now is what we all thought at first. I hopes this helps. :-)

Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: ravi - 14/05/2009 00:17:55
 hey, check out my blog @ http://relmachine.blogspot.com/2009/05/flywheel-design-basics.html

i've got some design info for flywheels. it might help you make a prototype.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 14/05/2009 02:26:17
 Got it!

Report Abuse
Answer: Sandy Kidd - 03/06/2009 00:11:52
 Shed dwellers,
I must agree with Glenn’s comments relating to acceptability.
I think acceptance would be much easier if a person could demonstrate a device which could totally support itself by its own thrust.
This however, and irrespective of what anyone says is not so easy to achieve, or maybe it has been and knowledge of such an event has been suppressed.
However I will assume this has not as yet been achieved.
What I found was that because the machine works in spite of their physics this makes it unacceptable.
If inertial thrust can be produced it must be created using accepted physics which we know cannot be.
We are between the proverbial rock and a hard place.
Until such time as a device can demonstrate its ability to lift itself clear of the ground by a measurable amount, there will always be an argument, and it is one which we cannot win.
Any other test is easily deniable, as commented on by myself in previous postings, and with reference to “ The 10 Day Syndrome” coined by my late and close friend Ron Thompson.
One typical example of this common reaction is this quote from a university professor who was at the time convinced of the genuine nature of the device, When discussing the demonstration several days later he said,
“I know I saw something strange but I am not sure what I saw”
Fair enough why complicate your life, and maybe put your job on the line at the same time. However be warned this behaviour is the norm, although it is a bit more palatable than downright denial.

In 25 years of attempting to collect endorsements from people who could add a bit of credibility to my devices, I got one good one, from a man with some guts.

I got a report statement written on a computer printout whilst my first device was being tested in a university, The comment was written by the good Doctor in charge of the evaluation.
“Note how vertical thrust increases with precession speed”
This was just before the project was “whitewashed”

I also got a lab endorsement mentioned recently in postings, proving the case for inertial drive, but that was just a waste of time and money.

I have had about a couple of dozen different devices, in fact a series of devices with minor variations which performed every bit as good, or better than my lab test machine.
One of those was set up at very short notice in Dundee for an Australian TV team and demonstrated on “Beyond 2000”

So it would appear that until you have completed all the work yourself, and made the thing lift itself clear of terra firma no one wants to know.
At that stage you no longer need support, you are in control.
Sorry for being such a wet blanket but that is the way I see it.
I’m off again to Turkey for a couple of weeks, which is much more important.
Regards,
Sandy.

Report Abuse
Answer: Peter Strycharczuk - 04/06/2009 08:14:04
 I agree totally with Sandy as I have been persuing a similar idea for the last 34years,
and am now confident that it is now ready for build,idea it must suspend itself in mid air,
this I hope happens soon if not by us somebody with same vision and enthusiasm .As far as help ,keep your components simple,its surprising how cheap say bearings are
as you do not need special ceramic nitride bearings for a protatype.I can go on as it is
of great interest feel free to exchange ideas as I only trust likeminded people with real ideas ,you want it to work,not give it away to a stranger who just wants an easy ride
for free from your hard earned creation so to speak.Its going to be awesome!

Report Abuse
Answer: Peter Strycharczuk - 04/06/2009 08:46:25
 Just had a good idea,First I hope you have made good drawings for all your components,next send out one component drawing to one enthusiast ,and gradually to other likeminded enthusiasts,just one component to make.Eventually you will have everything you need without the fear that its been stolen.I am lucky as my job is mechanical engineering,surely there are others out there,Im sure there are a lot of fellow engineering enthusiasts,and just making say a bush ,small ally frame,or pin
would not take up too much time or cost.Just ask for help in this way you have nothing to lose.I,d be proud to be the first even if its just a few tiny screws you need.For free.

Report Abuse
Answer: Ravi - 06/06/2009 18:22:21
 Have a nice trip Sandy!

I have refined flywheel designs further and posted pictures of the new design on my blog. David, Sandy take a look here .

I'm confident we'll crack this problem sooon.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products