Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

3 May 2024 21:20

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: peter przywara
Subject: disbelief
Question: Strange how something can gain weight by spinning it? In trying to bring people up to date especialy ivestors of inventions eg the louis swinny project to try to build an electronic weigh shift device to replace a gyroscope is difficult to balance a platform. The unusual thing about a gyroscope is that it can actualy increase weight the faster you spin it. Something that may be able to weigh 1 kg can be turned into something that can weigh 20kg or maybe 100 kg depending how fast you can spinn it. This cannot be reproduced by a computer or electronicaly. Electronicaly produced weight shift platforms are redundant to the effects of a true gyroscope that can create a force such as weight. Its just a case of hanessing this energy and controlong it. Proff Braithwaite was on the edge i believe. How come we have never harnessed this potential.?
Date: 8 June 2009
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 11/06/2009 01:11:53
 Hi Peter,

I have three responses:

1) I don’t believe a kg of it, not a word.
2) Specifics. Where dose your information and proof come from? Can I have it?
3) If proof existed and you could help me know it, I would have to find all the information.

Glenn,

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products