Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

26 April 2024 10:34

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Pierre Asselin
Subject: Alex Jones: any plans or drawings?
Question: Hi,
I work as a reporter for a daily newspaper in Quebec City, Canada. I researched extensively the topic of reactionless propulsion after writing about a local inventor who built a device that moves its center of mass without external force.
His invention doesn't use gyroscopes, but I read about Eric Laithwaite, saw the Heretic BBC program, and am very curious about the device that Alex Jones has reportedly shown to Mr Laithwaite. Does anyone know where I could find a description of his device, with illustrations, pictures, plans, drawings, etc.?
I don't know if we can post our email address on the forum, anyway here is my work email: passelin@lesoleil.com. I'll check the forum every now and then, but if you have some relevant information please let me know.

Pierre Asselin
Date: 3 July 2009
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 07/07/2009 21:19:01
 Hi Pierre,
Learn to navigate this site and you will find what you seek and much more. If you research your inventor’s apparatus you will find it moves by explainable means according known physics. I have explored all that bull shit extensively, however I am not yet totally convinced Gyroscopic propulsion is imposable. Glad I could help.
Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 07/07/2009 21:28:10
 By the way, Alex Jones was a fraud. His device moved as much as a precessing gyroscope moves only. The further movement was the result of his cheating, nervous, drunken hands pushing the device. If you don’t believe it study the video over and over. We have a liar almost as bad on here now.

Report Abuse
Answer: Pierre Asselin - 07/07/2009 21:51:37
 Thanks Glenn,
After posting my qiuestion I did find some of your comments on Alex Jone's device. I wonder if mr Laithwaite's device gave more results?
I always had the impression that gyroscopes could not generate "reactionless" propulsion. Once you set a gyroscope in rotation, it acquires a "force", in some way. This is the resistance we feel when we try to change the axis of rotation. You can use this force to generate motion, but whatever motion you generate will be equal and opposite to the change in the angular momentum of the gyroscope. So you're still at square one.
Anyway, that's just my understanding and your observations seem to go in the same direction.
As I said, I got interested in that topic after writing about someone's invention. It had nothing to do with gyroscopes, though. He designed two modules that repel each other in opposite directions. They are of the same mass, but one of them acquires a higher velocity (and momentum) than the other. Hence, net momentum is created, if you add them up.
To this day, I still don't know why he gets this result, and I believe that he doesn't know it either.
If you are interested, I can send you some documents and you can look at them as you please.
Congratulations on this website and your comments. It's interesting and serious.
Pierre Asselin
asselin.pe@gmail.com

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 08/07/2009 03:22:10
 Hello Pierre,
In case you do not know, look at the top of the site, click on Gallery, open RIGB Christmas Lecture. There you will find the most delightful man and professor and his brilliant presentations. Also a video of Alex is somewhere on this site.

I don’t argue with your assessment of gyroscopic limitation, (you have me pegged) but there are some people who feel they have found secrete ways of manipulating gyroscopes into producing propulsion. I for instant can prove this can be done absolutely without question, but with serious limitations. These limitations may be over come--- perhaps I have a way. There have been a lot of intelligent and capable believers, experimenters and builders on this site, who write well, but who no longer post. I liked them a lot, but I doubted them and then they became no longer my friends. Too bad for me.

There used to be another high profile engineering site from Canada, very busy, but defunct now, all about non-gyro inertial propulsion. None of that was possible. Your new information? Yes, send it Pierre and thanks for being interested .
Best Regards, Glenn

P.S. Glenn Turner is the webmaster here. I am Glenn Hawkins, just a guy who posts sometimes.

Report Abuse
Answer: shahriar yazdani - 19/07/2009 07:09:29
 Hello Pierre
I built a Reaction Free Motor (rotary motor) which can be used as reactionless propulsion. You can see it in this site: www.gyroscope-motors.com
It is patented with U.S.patent No.: 7,554,283 recently.
I post a brief description to your E-mail.
Please being contact with me.
Sh. Yazdani

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products