Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

25 April 2024 09:34

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: Get back on track
Question: I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, but the point here is being missed and has been for a long time now.

I understand precisely why and how precession takes place, but knowing is not necessary. To realize simply that it is, is all that is needed in order to reason out mechanical methods that might produce propulsion. Preciseness and exactitude of order, math and endless theories are without purpose, unless you first have a mechanical idea, design, or invention to which they can be applied to allow for improvement. Besides that, great scholars of the world have written well over two hundred books on gyroscopes through the years that are kept in the archives of NATO, our North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Even if you could recreate that known information and beat out the mathematicians, physics and engineers who reasoned it out and wrote it down, it wouldn’t do anybody any good.

If you wish to engage the interest of those who read this site and you have a design in mind you wish to speak about, or that you can argue why a machine might work by explaining why and how it functions, or you can show evidence that it works, then that would be of interest here and it might generate a discussion.
Date: 17 July 2009
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Sandy Kidd - 17/07/2009 18:29:10
 Dear Glenn,
You are so correct.
Regards,
Sandy

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 17/07/2009 21:45:37
 Halò Sandy,
Ciamar a tha sibh? Abair spòrs Harry/Luis! Tapadh leat.
Feasgar math,

Report Abuse
Answer: ??? - 18/07/2009 14:39:53
 need all help you can get - even in gaelic!

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 18/07/2009 18:37:10
 Dear you say you are (dodo@dodo.com)?

What kind of help are you asking me for, lessons in comprehensibility, meaning, intent - English, a hole to hide in, a new address so yours won‘t be confused with (htt: shit for brains)? How may I help you sir?

Yes Zorro, you mask man you, it’s Gaelic. You did well. I just greeted an old friend in a languish he, being a well read man, would recognize as his own ancient tongue, and then I said that Harry and Luis are fun - nothing more, nothing bad, nothing smarty. Tell me something Zorro. What’s it like hiding in the closet? Have you got a girly man trapped in there with you? Does he have a defecated address too?

Come on now. I’ve been teasing you. Don’t get mad and swell up (What’s been swelling you up?) Take it easy. I don’t mean that like it sounds. Take it hard. Well, I don’t mean that either like it sounds. You be good and behave. It was very nice talking to you and I don’t mind if you don’t want me to know who you are.

Best Regards,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 15/08/2009 06:25:28
 A gyroscope will react to any applied force the same, but people are more familiar with gravity applied force. Gravity forces downward on an overhung gyroscope. The gyroscope precess' sideways at a 90o angle. Precession forces the gyroscope to seek to precess upward at a 90o angle. The initial downward force overwhelms the 90o upward seeking precession. This initial force downward has been deflected three times, until it was rotated to a position that our minds say should drain most of the initial downward force. It is a system that results in force circling to act against itself. This is why there is so little force in the direction of precession. Ultimately downward force is deflected upwards.

The most baffling phenomena of all is how against the pull of gravity, or any force applied the gyroscope holds aloft, yet without any apparent energy used up. For many years all researchers have been agreed that if there were no bearing and air friction a gyroscope would process indefinitely into the future. One ask in wonder, how can this be? How can our little whirly bird be held up in the air without energy being spent?

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 15/08/2009 15:49:35

The answer to the above postulation is:

Later alligator!

You try to answer the posed wonderment first.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 15/08/2009 21:57:47

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 24/08/2009 01:14:37

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 30/08/2009 22:21:13
  A gyroscope will react to any applied force the same, but people are more familiar with gravity applied force. Gravity forces downward on an overhung gyroscope. The gyroscope precess' sideways at a 90o angle. Precession forces the gyroscope to seek to precess upward at a 90o angle. The initial downward force overwhelms the 90o upward seeking precession. This initial force downward has been deflected three times, until it was rotated to a position that our minds say should drain most of the initial downward force. It is a system that results in force circling to act against itself. This is why there is so little force in the direction of precession. Ultimately downward force is deflected upwards.

The most baffling phenomena of all is how against the pull of gravity, or any force applied the gyroscope holds aloft, yet without any apparent energy used up. For many years all researchers have been agreed that if there were no bearing and air friction a gyroscope would process indefinitely into the future. One ask in wonder, how can this be? How can our little whirly bird be held up in the air without energy being spent?

There's nobody here who seems to know the answer. Is there any who want an answer?

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 04/09/2009 17:12:31

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products