Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

26 April 2024 16:30

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: Maddy wrote:
Question: Maddy wrote:

Let’s have a reality check here, is there such a thing as a vector? Straight lines, flat surfaces or perfect spheres do not exist in nature, the closer you look the “straight” vector is actually a path of curvature, only in theories and CAD systems do they occur, every single thing moves in a path of curvature to a greater or lesser extent, this is where Newton made a wrong assumption about his world of nice orderly geometry and motion, and this obviously leads on to oh so many errors all the way down the line,

“. . . the universe we know is curved and therefore does not have perfectly straight lines. However sufficiently short spans of curves become suitable for the mathematical analysis that is given to straight lines; the straight-line equations are of sufficient accuracy to make predictions in these short spans (some of which are very long distances in space).
Our knowledge of the universe can only be an approximation;

Absolute, the whole experience, everything is contained within the Absolute, these change aspects are relative to everything else and are affected by all things within the Absolute. Therefore I would say the curvature of space is relative and affected by states of change, caused by all things contained within the Absolute.
Date: 15 November 2009
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 15/11/2009 08:24:23
 I will add only this: The world of the atom is a universe within itself that I cannot argue is not infinitely small any more than I can argue the space beyond the universe is not infinitely large. The same varying curvatures in space, the large, exist in the atom, the small. Therefore there is no definable distance in the large, or in the small that is true in all ways to the otherwise beautiful, inestimable value of the three laws of motion. Further: considering all that, as it can apply to the mass movements in gyroscope experiments, first recognized and stated by, Professor Eric Laithwaite, I see clearly exceptions to the stated laws of my boyhood hero, Sir Isaac Newton. As if some sort of conformation were needed, I have plainly seen inertial propulsion in my crude experiments of twenty-five years ago.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 15/11/2009 20:33:42
 Hello Ravi,

Thank you for asking about me. I’m not perfect, but I’m OK.

I’m glad you are interested in what I offer. I wanted to mention some effort I and you, we might make jointly and so I mentioned it. Maybe I should have waited to, but I didn’t want to. It will be a long while before I can involve myself. Perhaps also for you? The effort on my part requires an awful lot of involvement. Until if and when that time arrives, we have a saying, Ravi. Keep on keeping on!
With kind regards,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 15/11/2009 20:34:46
 Hi Harry,
I’m sorry I didn’t speak up. I’m sort of walking on egg shells, you know. Yes, I’m with you!
Kind regards,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 15/12/2009 01:29:03
 I have a 4” hollow shell, made of clear plastic, and shaped a little like a sea scallop. It is actually a gyroscope with a crank handle. Inside of it there is a small amount of dyed blue water. When I crank it into rotating, you see that the water moves uniformly and evenly outward to the circumference. As long as the spin is high enough the water remains at the circumference no mater how the gyro it flipped, twisted or turned.

What causes the water to move there and stay there? What is that called?

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products