Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

28 March 2024 09:49

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: Zero Momentum
Question: During precession there is gyroscopic created momentum, but it can never be recognized, harnessed, or useful. Under all circumstances this unrevealed momentum completely ceases to exist the instant right angle force is removed.

It makes no difference how much mechanical force is applied, the mass of the wheel, the distance of the shaft, the circumference, or the speed in which rotation and precession can be forced to travel. For all practical purposes momentum does not exist in precession of any kind, whether caused by gravity are mechanical applied force, whether configured in gimbals rings, centered around a hub, or in overhung alignments.

This behavior or lack of it has been proven and the reasons for it are logically explainable. I can argue the truth of it. Sandy Kidd was correct all along, though he has taken a beating for.

You may have the momentum by adding mass such as a heavy housing which does not rotate. Old timers here before me, Nitro MacMad, Momentus and another I can't remember, understood this and called it dead-weight. The gyroscope can be built to carry a lot of non-rotating dead-weight; therefore a lot of momentum can be generated and used in all the normal ways dead-weight behaves. Think of it as riding piggyback.

I will soon look into centrifuge and gyroscopes and also into inward force with this new found insight I owe to nothing more than having taken a long rest from gyroscopes. I do not rule thoes conditions out at this time.
Date: 30 December 2009
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 30/12/2009 18:50:36
 NO MOMENTUM

I don’t think there is any momentum in precession that can be detected and used in any way. The following post should show why. I have arrived to an AGREEMENT, NO CENTRIFUGE and NO MOMENTUM.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 30/12/2009 19:02:50
 NIX ON DEAD-WEIGHT RIDING PIGGYBACK.

HOLD UP ON THE IDEA OF ADDED DEAD-WEIGHT RIDING PIGGYBACK AS IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS POST. IT DOESN'T WORK. I NOW REMEMBER TESTING THIS IDEA SO LONG AGO AND THE TESTS INDICATES THERE IS NO MOMENTUM TRANSFERABLE IN ANY WAY.

WHEN YOU WHIRL AN OBJECT TIED TO A CORD AROUND YOUR HEAD AND RELEASE IT, CENTRIFUGE, WHICH IS ONLY MOMENTUM FORCED INTO CURVING, ACTS OUTWARD FROM THE CENTER, WHICH IS YOUR BODY AND THE OBJECT GOES FLYING AWAY FROM YOU.

IF HOWEVER, YOU CRASH THE OBJECT INTO A WALL AT A RIGHT ANGLE TO WHIRLING AND JUST AS YOU RELEASE THE CORD NOTHING HAPPENS. THE OBJECT CEASES TO HAVE FORCE AND MOTION.

I AM BEGINNING TO REMEMBER WHY I WALKED AWAY FROM ALL THIS. I’LL CHECK IT OUT ONE MORE TIME WHEN THE WHETHER WARMS. My building is cold and the oil heater is broken.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 04/01/2010 18:29:24
 I redid some tests will old equipment I had forgotten I owned. I discovered a great deal of centrifuge acting in an gravity powered gyro device I had built. It is unmistakable.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products