Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

20 April 2024 06:23

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: The cause of the problem
Question: Physics has been written so mechanically wrongly to support mathematical methods of counting that it is no wonder that understanding a simple gyroscope through physics becomes an adventure in stupidity, if not insanity. True to mechanical methods a better way of understanding should be devised, butit never will because the brainwashed-to-the-wrong-way are in charge of that.

The explanation of centipede is incredible wrong.
Angular momentum is said to be at a right angle to rotation, though nothing moves in that direction.

“The truth is simpler. The force of partials in rotation always seek a straight line at a right angle to the axis. The particles however cannot fly away in that direction and are held in containment and their direction of force is forced in a constant curving pattern in the same plain. Angular deflections because of the containment change the direction of motion into forming a pressure outward in a straight line from the axis and that we call centrifuge. As the speed of rotation increases the distance the practices travel become greater per unit of time. The result is that it requires greater force to bend the path of faster speeding partial in the same unit of time than if they were not moving.
(a.) This is why a gyroscope seeks to maintain its plain of rotation and is used in guidance systems.
(b.) When force is applied to tilt a spinning wheel the force becomes two opposites. You know them as up and down sections of a wheel. The partials are rapidly revolved a quarter turn to act at a right angel from where they were imitated.
(a and b) both together explain precession.”

If you could learn to understand this, you would probably know everything there is to know about the Mechanical functions of a gyroscope although there is more detail.

OR------ you can have years four years of this MIT physics professor’s advanced, rapid fire explanations and still not know everything.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6145613258375934413&ei=uPBHS4_ENZ6yqgLui7m8Ag&q=videos+gyroscopes&hl=en&client=firefox-a#docid=-4773788787588868986

I guess I'm finished for a while and will try again to build my machine.
Date: 9 January 2010
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 09/01/2010 23:33:05
 Excuse me. This is the correct lecture #24 and not the lecture http: address I named above.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6145613258375934413#

The error was not mine, but the sites, but who cares.

Report Abuse
Answer: Ravi - 13/01/2010 19:17:52
 I wish you good luck with building your machine.
Let me know if you run across problems. Maybe I can help.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products