Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

26 April 2024 16:52

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Ravi
Subject: Blame Sandy Kidd
Question: Just an update about my experiments:

The Kidd Effect is real. As I have attempted to amplify the lift, the Kidd Effect has also become amplified. My machine had been severely damaged when the wheels jumped inwards during a crucial experiment. This is inspite of the fact that I had set screws holding the wheel against the shaft AND I had shaft collars with setscrews on either side of the wheels to prevent movement. The amount of force being generated is considerable. This is reason for the delay in posting new information. While this only confirms the existence of lift in the machine, it has taken me this long to really really fix the problem.

Well, Sandy ... One last twist and I think I can put a saddle on this wild horse.
Date: 27 May 2010
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Sandy Kidd - 30/05/2010 00:05:45
 Hello Ravi,
Had a look to see what was new and saw your comment “ Blame Sandy Kidd”
I warned everyone years ago of the consequences of such experiments, and associated damage to the experiment, as you well know Ravi.
There is nothing left in the system except for massive gyroscopic torque.
I cannot be held responsible for what always existed, and the fact that I did not invent, more, discovered the effect I am being blamed for.
It really surprises me that this sort of thing has remained hidden for so long.
It really does imply that not much experimentation has ever been done in this area, but yours is a step along the way to examining all my other claims, which until they are accepted will continue to consign all claims of inertial drive to the garbage bin.
Accepted principles work and have worked well enough under normal conditions for a long time now so there has never been a reason to even suspect that there could be a serious breach in these principles.
We now know that angular momentum can be converted to linear momentum without a reaction, but how long will it be until this is accepted.
Accepted principles are protected vigorously you can take my word for that.
You can take a horse to water etc.
Time will sort it all out, probably long after I am gone.
However Ravi you are discovering all the crazy stuff that caused me all sorts of doubt about what I had been led to believe, the torque effects you have personally witnessed, the loss of centrifugal force, and the accompanying loss of angular momentum prior to that event.
In the experiment I was doing at the time I noted all of those effects in quick succession over a period of just a few days (30 years ago now)
You will realise very soon where the term “Saturation and Saturation Point” came from.
You will also discover why I made claims that angular momentum is proportional to the gyroscope or flywheel speed (one of the most important discoveries I have made)
What is really important is that all of these claims apply to any gyroscope or flywheel system under radial acceleration (mechanical)
I could build a freakish system where it would be hard to induce those effects but such a system would be no use for anything anyway.
Keep up the good work Ravi, you are getting there, however be careful, there have been some nasty accidents with similar experiments, although mostly from stupidity or ignorance.
Sandy.

Report Abuse
Answer: Ravi - 30/05/2010 23:54:42
 Hi Sandy,

My title "Blame Sandy Kidd" was of course merely an attempt to deal with humor, my shock and disappointment at the delay and damage caused by the total loss of centrifugal force in the system. secondly, I enjoy hearing you talk about this because you did indeed keenly observe this phenomenon yourself and before anyone else at that. I know of no one but you and me who KNOW this phenomenon to be true. So I appreciate your insights into the matter. You're no more responsible for the damage than Newton is, for falling objects. I always learn new perspectives when I read your views!

I too have a hard time believing that the Kidd Effect, involving the loss of centtrifugal force has remained hidden for so long, with so many PHD's in Physics and Engineering floating around the world. But then, how diligently scientific are we, when all the engineers in the world dont seem capable of capping a blown out oil well leaking millions of gallons of crude into the ocean.... for months..... ?

I wish you a great day! I will continue my experiments within 2 weeks when I take delivery of the new controllers/motors/power supplies (which blew out) I have placed on order. The mechanical machine itself is fully repaired and ready to go.

At the risk of sounding cocky, I think I've got it this time!

Ravi

Folks, pay close attention to Sandy's words above!! The man knows what he's talking about. It will save you a lot of expense and trouble. If you dont believe me, spend the money and find out. ;)

Report Abuse
Answer: Dr D.Fisher - 30/06/2010 22:04:27
 So, Kidd is still 'dining out' on the idiocy of Dundee University in letting a deluded mechanic waste its time and resources. And how did that happen? Because an incompetent but browbeating engineer (Eric Laithwaite) threw his weight around (pun intended). Laithwaite even went so far as to put his ignorance down in black and white with his 'thought-experiment' involving a plank in outer space hit at one end by a non-spinning bullet. Any physics student can see the mistake that he made. There IS no Kidd effect; just theoretical ignorance combined with experimental incompetence.

Report Abuse
Answer: Ravi - 01/07/2010 13:22:26
 My experiments are proceeding well. I uploaded another new experiment video to my blog. It has been a process of elimination in the chase to amplify any lifting/torquing movement to see if it might generate lift. But already, having investigatively eliminated several possibilities, I am finding that a gradual trend of increasing amplification of the effect is becoming manifest. I hope to upload the videos in short order. i think it really helped to do the previously series of experiments with the wheel spins (when the machine is viewed with the carriage positioned such that the two wheels appear to be on either side of the central axis of the machine) oriented in the same direction (i.e, both pointing to the left or the right). I have an intuitive feel for the machine and that helps with the experimentation.

So far I have discovered several interesting, counter-intuitive facts through my experimentation.I do not think you will find them in any Physics text book. To summarize the effects I have discovered in my experimentation in simple words:

1. The wheels mounted as they are in the relativistic machine experience an inward force when there of combination of:

a) Their spin: they are spinning (according the convention outlined above) with the spin of the wheel on the left pointing toward the central axis of the machine (or pointing away from the central axis of the machine) and the wheel on the right pointing toward the central axis of the machine (or pointing away from the central axis of the machine).

b) The carriage is also spun: the carriage holding the wheels is itself spun, with a torque that is sinusoidal and in the clockwise direction if the wheel spins are pointing in the outward direction (and in the counterclockwise direction if the wheel spins are pointing in the inward direction).

The force experienced by the wheels depends upon and is directly proportional to the spin angular velocity of the flywheels, their moment of inertia and the max value/time period of the sinuisoidal torque imposed on the carriage.

2. When the wheel spins are oriented (according to the convention above) such that they both point right or left and a torque is imposed on the carriage (either clockwise or counter clockwise) such that it is sinusoidal in time (i.e., its amplitude vs time graph is a sinusoid), the higher the max value of the sinusoidal torque imposed, the lower the amount of rotation you will obtain from the wheels (for a given time period of the sinuisoid).

That is, as I increased the rate of change of torque, the resistance of the carriage to movement increased correspondingly - even compared to a situation where we impose constant torque whose amplitude is equal to the maximum value of sinuisoidal the torque.

I have documented the 'rim riding' behavior of such an orientation in the last minute of the Inductive Effect video. Click here to see that.

I have substantial evidence for energy drain both from the spinning wheels and the motor driving the carriage, more than can be justified through more than friction.

Report Abuse
Answer: Ravi - 01/07/2010 13:28:09
 Point# 1 above elucidates an effect I have named the Kidd Effect and it can be seen in this video.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products