Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

28 March 2024 08:21

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: David E.Cowlishaw
Subject: GIT website now on a .nl archive server (change link)
Question: Glenn;

I am still a "believer" in inertial propulsion, and have been quietly working on better instruments to achieve commercial viability. The fact that the US government considers anything that can produce over 1/10th of a G of thrust in space a "weapon", has hampered my public disclosures (and made me very wary of patenting anything that might be vialble). Ok, then the Bush administration took over (corporate greed made public policy), and I shut down.

The current Obama administration seems to be Clinton-esque in it's approach to public, private, and corporate interests, and I am NOT encouraged!

Your page comes up high on the list in a search for my name in quotes "David E. Cowlishaw", and the link (as artistic author for your own contributions to inertial propulsion via Laithwait's efforts) to my website is dead, given the fact that the IP provider went "under", and no longer stores my musings for public viewing.

Please change the link to one active now in the Neatherlands (an archived copy of my now idle public musings).

Please change the link at the bottom of the page from www.open.org/davidc to (or some such, I can't look it up while in this copyto box, it will get erased if I look elsewhere to verify information on the net, a problem in today's cyber life).

I DO have a working copy of the link on my Facebook page, username "David Cowlishaw", just in case I forgot all the exact letters, capitals, and punctuation, in exact order.

Update34 has the math, that has proven accurate and enabling.

I used it to flesh out my latest model the SHARRMIA (Spin Hammer Angularly Reciprocating Ring Mass Inertial Accelerator), that has a materially tested Tr (Tangential ratio) of 9, an Sr (Spin ratio) of 11.55, and with a reasonable ring mass spinner assembly, can carry an additional 33% of "dumb hammer" mass as support structure, beyond the actual spinner mass' angular moment in conjunction with it's point mass characteristics.

Just ask, I may want to post actual machine particulars, and make it public domain, just to skirt the hazards of governments that don't want us to succeed in living beyond their permissions.

David E. Cowlishaw (DrCosmo) - 10:16 pm 28 October 2010
Date: 29 October 2010
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: David E. Cowlishaw - 25/05/2012 04:35:08
 The GIT archive in the Netherlands starts with this link, my last posting to the now defunct open.org/davidc inertial propulsion forum:

http://archive.go-here.nl/open.org/davidc/update34.htm

All of the internal links work (with the exception of a couple of non-related pages on long term food storage).

I recommend viewing the sitelist.htm page for a site map with annotations.

David E. Cowlishaw - 8:30 PM, Thursday, 24 May 2012

Report Abuse
Answer: David E. Cowlishaw - 25/05/2012 04:35:52
 The GIT archive in the Netherlands starts with this link, my last posting to the now defunct open.org/davidc inertial propulsion forum:

http://archive.go-here.nl/open.org/davidc/update34.htm

All of the internal links work (with the exception of a couple of non-related pages on long term food storage).

I recommend viewing the sitelist.htm page for a site map with annotations.

David E. Cowlishaw - 8:30 PM, Thursday, 24 May 2012

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products