Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

25 April 2024 07:00

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Ravi
Subject: Heaviside's ideas on space and electromagnetism
Question: a)Do you know in which direction the energy is flowing in a straight wire if the current is flowing between a positive terminal at the top of the wire and the negative terminal at the bottom of the wire?

If you guessed top to bottom or bottom to top, you're wrong. Find out the answer to that in my newest blog entry.

b)Do you know if it is possible for energy to go out of existence at one place and come into existence simultaneously at another?

If you dont know, read about Heaviside's Principle of Continuity of Energy in Space in the newest blog entry and find out for yourself.

c)Do you know that the Poynting vector in electromagnetism exhibits orthogonal behavior (i.e. the input and output energy channels are orthogonal to each other) akin to gyroscopic objects?

The analogy between space and electromagnetism is vast and can be approached from many angles.

In the end it boils down to this: Mechanical machines can also have inductive components. Incorporating inductively suspended flying wheels, I have designed a prototype that will harness the resonance of the system to make it transport in space.

Read about it at http://relmachine.blogspot.com
Date: 20 March 2011
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Ravi - 25/03/2011 21:23:51
 For point (a) above, did I mention there's a magnetic field perpendicular to the wire, into the plane of the wire? oops. sorry about that.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products