Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

28 March 2024 10:24

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Ravi
Subject: New Experimental Evidence
Question: SUMMARY
So far my experiments have revealed 3 important facts:
1. Spinning wheels under the influence of a centrifugal force applied about an axis perpendicular to the plane containing the angular momenta vectors will move inwards toward the center of rotation. This I have named the Kidd Effect after Sandy Kidd, who was the first to discover it.

2. For configurations similar to those needed to observe toe Kidd Effect, the higher the centrifugal force, the lower the resulting displacement of the angular momenta vectors. This I have named the Inductive Effect (after the fact that this is analogous to the behavior of inductors).

3. Inductively suspended wheels, when suspended in symmetric pairs will (when given the freedom to do so) always prefer to orient themselves with their spin vectors anti-parallel to each other, when under the influence of a common centrifugal force about an axis perpendicular to the plane containing their angular momenta vectors. This proposition is based on the results of the experiment I performed on June 3, 2011 (and posted on June 5, 2011 on my blog http://relmachine.blogspot.com/2011/06/experiment-41-contrasting-prototypes.html).
Date: 12 June 2011
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 22/04/2012 23:09:23
 Ravi, Some time ago you proposed a joint-effort to achieve inertial propulsion.
The idea was attractive but was never well defined.
Success in widely dispersed teams requires that roles and responsibilities should be well defined beforehand.
Have you considered such a team recently Ravi?
If you have, what roles do you see others playing?

Regards,
LuisG

Report Abuse
Answer: Ravi - 23/04/2012 12:39:08
 I am a team worker. I already have several people participating in each and every version.
Roles etc are hard to qualify. And they will doubtless change and evolve. The only constant is a process really. And our commitment to the process.

Report Abuse
Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 25/04/2012 01:54:34
 Hi Ravi,
It appears you have dedication to the process as a core value.
May I ask what is the process?
Would you mind describing it?

Best Regards,
Luis G

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 27/04/2012 22:13:00
 SUMMARY
So far my experiments have revealed 3 important facts:
1. Spinning wheels under the influence of a centrifugal force applied about an axis perpendicular to the plane containing the angular momenta vectors will move inwards toward the center of rotation. This I have named the Kidd Effect after Sandy Kidd, who was the first to discover it.

2. For configurations similar to those needed to observe toe Kidd Effect, the higher the centrifugal force, the lower the resulting displacement of the angular momenta vectors. This I have named the Inductive Effect (after the fact that this is analogous to the behavior of inductors).

3. Inductively suspended wheels, when suspended in symmetric pairs will (when given the freedom to do so) always prefer to orient themselves with their spin vectors anti-parallel to each other, when under the influence of a common centrifugal force about an axis perpendicular to the plane containing their angular momenta vectors. This proposition is based on the results of the experiment I performed on June 3, 2011 (and posted on June 5, 2011 on my blog http://relmachine.blogspot.com/2011/06/experiment-41-contrasting-prototypes.html).
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi Ravi,
Please know your are appreciated and not criticized. Far from it, but I would just like to point out somethings. This languish above is laborious and pretentiously complex at the cost of clarity. Your offerings are accepted with a big smile, and a complement and I understand you are versed in multiple languishes and that things change in transition. For the life of me however, I cannot understand the third paragraph and I am a writer. For my own understanding I have restructured your three paragraphs. Correct me however I get you wrong. I am attempting to simplify and explain your explanations.
Glenn,

One)
While a rotating wheel is itself rotated at a right angle around an axes, dual deflections push it inward toward the the center of this axes, in opposition to centrifugal force.
Two)
While angular momentum increase, inward deflection forces likewise increase.
Three)
A rotating flywheel, itself rotated at a right angle, will attempt to precess in the opposite direction the flywheel rotation, in relation to the the direction of hub rotation.

It is really tough to do isn't it? Perhaps I am the only one who will understand my explanation. : )

Report Abuse
Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 28/04/2012 23:33:45
 Hi Ravi,
Is there a reson why you do not respond to my questions?
Regards,
Luis G

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products