Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

19 April 2024 04:31

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Nitro
Subject: new video with slomo
Question: Treasured shed dwellers, path seekers and imagineers,

I have loaded a #2 (horrible Americanism for 2nd.) video on YouTube – see link below. It has a slowed down version and a brief explanation of its movement to help with understanding, at the end.

See if it makes things a bit clearer.

Kind regards
Nitro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3TGngWzr2U&context=C4611d63ADvjVQa1PpcFMCr-Jlui0Jg6HaK6OPDISEjrMPqk57OM4=
Date: 13 March 2012
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 13/03/2012 16:59:23
 Hello Nitro and all,

I have spent more time studding this machine. This is the most impressive demonstration I have seen. I can’t nick-pick it. The initial cradle movement left is the same as it would be if the gyros were not rotating. If I understand, you explain this as the result of there not being enough mass in the gyros, but conversely you also explain that the gyros don’t act like mass when they are moving. (I am impressed—I’m not picking at these ideas) It is ’force’ and not momentum that moves your machine, as you so much as say. This is important to belabor and understand, as so many here do.

The hands-off match and string is a perfect idea. It’s too bad rubber bands loose force while they are becoming un-stretched. I wonder what, if you tried three rubber bands?

This demonstration gives me a little more confidence in my design, which remains shamefully un-built. I have designed to reload and fire repeatedly and build speed rather the earliest designs, which were stop and go action that could not constantly accelerate.

I do want to say, that design for constant acceleration is completely realistic and it seems reasonable that it would work— more so to me now after seeing this video.

But, excuse me, this is your show and not mine. You have given my poor, frail mind a little support. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 13/03/2012 18:02:54
 Hello again,

I have to stop and write this. It has come to me again that your device, with some alterations, might be capable of generating continuous thrust.

The first thrust is finished.

The center rod is rotated in reverse. The gyros move back into their starting place.
There is little are no reaction to this reverse gyro precession.

Either hydraulics, or reverse electromagnetic polarity shoves the weight back toward the reset gyros.

The center rod is again rotated forward to produce thrust again.

The gyros collide with the rearward moving weight and stop it and are themselves stopped.

The center rod rotation is reversed again. The gyros return to their starting place.

Form there the gyros thrust again into the weight and restart the cycle.

It is the equal and opposite action of the weight that could allow for constant acceleration.

Report Abuse
Answer: Patrick - 28/03/2012 01:55:29
 So what do i do just keep shtum. an ya dat ain in dictionary eeva

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products