Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

26 April 2024 23:04

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: A means of Zero Gravity Testing
Question: I fell upon a simple way to test in zero gravity. I took my date to the fair Sunday and watched a big machine as people were raised slowly to a height, then dropped. There was more than a two second freefall into gravity ( slow count one thousand one, one thousand two, time laps) before the machine began to slow to an eventual stop. It occurred to me that an experimenter could put a small experiment in a box with a cheep camcorder latched above it filming in slow motion and have ample time to do zero gravity experiments during the fall. Consider that it only required a fraction of one second to do the first part of Nitro’s experiment, the equal and opposite part. So after all, we may not have to ride a rocket into space,or buy a Lear jet to do free falls. For twenty bucks a man can do ten quick experiments at a fair. I am posting this with thoughts it might be of use to some of us.
Glenn,
Date: 16 April 2012
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 19/04/2012 03:27:04
 Thank you Glenn. This is an excellent idea.
My Regards,
Luis G

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products