Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

25 April 2024 05:20

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: Fallacies and verifications
Question: I know there is centrifuge, but it’s effect is nullified by a force stronger than it is. I can explain why that is and how it works.
I am sure there is angular momentum. I have done calculations on the presentation below these indicate this wonderful man that I admire, Professor Laithwaite, is wrong on virtually every mechanical explanation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=BE&feature=related&v=A89EDdXawvM
For three days I have been building a test outside in preparation to building the actual machine. The test will prove which one of us is right. If no momentum presents itself there will be a hypothetical (weaker than a theory) to suggest reasons it would be hidden and why and how. There has to be momentum and I already have the hypothetical ready. Actually, a small lessened momentum should occur negatively to some degree in any case, whether I or he is right. I will present this to all my friends here, supposing I have some, who simply want to understand the gyroscope, and I apologize in advance and with sincerity to any who might only want to admired and to be correct and go unchallenged. I should finish the little box with enter workings tonight and have a report for you of what happened. . . and if it fails then I will explain exactly how it was performed.
Catch you laters alligators,
Glenn

Date: 4 May 2012
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Blaze - 04/05/2012 19:29:38
 You go Glenn. I am curious to see what you have come up with. I am also working on an explanation and diagram that will de-mystify some of the workings of the gyroscope. After all, there is no magic here, there can't be as a gyroscope is just SMS.

Blaze

Report Abuse
Answer: Sandy Kidd - 04/05/2012 20:05:25
 Hello Glenn,
For the record Eric Laithwaite never ever claimed the total loss of angular momentum in a mechanically accelerated system, I did.
His specialty was, like everyone else at the time, gravity accelerated systems which in the final analysis are a bit of a novelty and really not a lot of use for any of our purposes.
Happy hunting.
Sandy.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 04/05/2012 20:19:09
 I came in for coffee and see that my writing is off.

I am saying my calculations were were based on the same flywheel and set-up taken from the professor's own video.

I am saying that almost all the momentum that should be there in normal rotation, is there also there in procession, with only a fraction missing.

More coffee and back to my building. I am nearing the completion.

Later,

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 04/05/2012 22:49:02
 Back in again. It is ready to wind up and I am tired. I think I will fix a Canadian Club and coke and set down to cool off and blab with you for a minute. This is a big deal for me. It is a test I envisioned decades ago.

I'm back and sipping. I have no problem with anticipation and waiting. I am a little concerned that I have use such light weight materials that the 'thing' could fold-up under force. It will be a pendulum test held from a single kite string attached to a 14' ceiling. I have used composites, graphite tubes, aluminum tubes, balsa wood, spring steel wire, hot melt tack glue, string, tiny, tiny washers, welding beads to tack medal to medal and thin plastics. I haven weighted it yet, but it will come in between 18 and 22 ounces. I have a magic marker inside a sleeve attached that will slide up and down while dragging on the cement floor. I can measure what ever movement happens. It is a hot evening here in Tennessee.
Latter, Soon I hope.
Glenn

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 05/05/2012 00:01:57
 I am sorry. One of the welds broke. Before that I saw a need of a new solution to better keep the actions uniform. Tomorrow. I am tired of this little nothing thing. I'll keep at it. It should be a good test.
Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 06/05/2012 00:52:06
 There was no inertial propulsion is this method. The test was conclusive. I am glad to finally have an answer.

I am absolutely worn out. The experience was bad. When you work in the extreme lightweight designs, for obvious reasons here, that must function under a series of relatively great torques you are in another word, living and breathing in the, "extreme flimsy". I don't recommend it. Every time I would strengthen a break another would jar lose. Three times, even the gyros flew apart.

You cannot presses flywheels with, or without extra weight at high speeds into a collision with the main frame housing all the parts and expect a thrust from the action reaction of collusion caused by precession. I have an answer of why not, but I don't care right now. There is momentum, but like centrifuge it is overwhelmed by a reverse force.

OK I’ll mention it. I think the molecules in a tilted flywheel are compressed to reside in the direction of deflections. I think when precession stops, the tilting stops, and the deflection pressure ceases allowing the molecules to spring back into a none compressed state that being toward what was the areas of deflection in the first place. This would reverse everything the gyro was doing including delivering momentum. Not certain. Don't much care.

Those who say there is no centrifuge and no momentum might as well be correct for all practical reasons, though in my theoretical physics the forces exist, but are overwhelmed by other forces.
Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 06/05/2012 01:06:46
 Why in $#@%& didn't it work! I'll try it again in a few days.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 06/05/2012 19:37:53
 Today I produce inertial propulsion. Each time the testing mechanism weighting 20 ounces was carried distances over two feet from a single thrust in a suspended curve. There was ever a hint of opposite reaction occurring at anytime.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 06/05/2012 19:47:41
 Strike that! I meant:
There was 'NEVER' a hint of opposite reaction occurring at anytime. Excuse me, I guess I'm tired. I'm through testing and will build now.

Report Abuse
Answer: Blaze - 07/05/2012 04:45:04
 Congrats on your success. Two+ feet is impressive.

Blaze

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products