Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

28 March 2024 09:41

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Blaze
Subject: A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
Question: check out this link, it attempts to explain in pictures and words at least some of what makes a gyroscope "tick"

The link will only be active for 30 days, so save a copy for yourself if you find it has any value to you.

http://i.minus.com/idHlM3teKCxZn.PNG

Blaze
Date: 5 May 2012
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Blaze - 06/05/2012 02:57:35
 Hmmmm, I am surprised this hasn't caused an uproar yet.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 06/05/2012 03:39:46
 Hi Blaze,

The video: Is this your work?

Anyway my take is: The (lift?) is rather a resistance to falling than a lift. The x’s and Bull’s eyes is the correct understanding and maybe the simplest thing to understand. Precession is much more complicated than is presented. I think it has to do with leverage, the nature of angular momentum, size of the circumference, spin factor and the direction of movement toward the center of rotation. Pardon me. This is gibberish to everyone. Someday I may try to explain.
Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: Blaze - 06/05/2012 06:14:44
 It may take more than one read through and probably a lot of thinking to get the gist of what is being said.

Blaze

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products