Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

28 March 2024 13:16

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: the general theory is complete
Question: I feel good like James Brown!

We have known the basics for a while and now the general theory. The primary differences between rotation and precession are that; during rotation the third law of motion cannot be avoided no mater what clever ways and tricks one may attempt, in precession however, the third law truly is not obeyed. I do not see how inertial propulsion by any means could ever be achieved, but for how we few are attempting here on this site.

I have recently determined that the speed of precession can be increased to the edge of what I thought was impossible, becoming so powerful and fast metal cannot withstand the pressure and forces of containing all the secondary forces in play. Always before the only way I could see the speed increase was to slow the flywheel speed, thereby lessening the angular momentum so that the wheel tilted/doped far too fast. This resulted in the pedestal being slung in an equally fast circle opposite to the direction of precession. What a hard place in a rock that was. It screwed everything up. Putting crushed ice in the pedestal cavity allowed one to witness the pedestal’s reactions during slow precession speed. The pedestal was always pulled outward to the changing positions of the circling flywheel; never oppositely. The pedestal was traveling in a smaller circle than the flywheel, but only because the flywheel kept changing position. What the pedestal was only trying to do was to go outward toward the wheel as centrifuge would work.

There seemed to be no solution. One could have fast precession if he were willing to accept equal and opposite occurrences at the pivot, or he could avoid a negative to propulsion reaction at the pivot if he were willing to maintain slow precession. This I now know to be to be untrue. High speed precession carrying a heavy disk can be had, while the pivot behaves in ways that are not equal and opposite-- and the distance and speed of tilting can be relatively quite limited. One must use a proper ratio of supporting forces. That is, increase angular moment and increase tilting forces in a standard ratio as just explained tin the earlier post. I do not believe at this point a variable ratio could be correct, though it could work less efficiently.

Blaze's test proved all the momentum, including all ineffective, overwhelmed momentum carried during precession can be loosened to cause a linear reaction.

Though the initial reaction to the initial tilting causes an equal and opposite reaction at the pivot, it can last only a millisecond, and then the continually forced/costing of precession takes over and equal and opposite reaction ceases. The area of the precession circumference placement where applying force can be selected to avoid this. The initial tilting force can be timed and placed to occur at 90o from the direction thrust is going to take place. Therefore even this almost non-negative reaction to acceleration into precession, can be avoided.

The internal mechanics have been understood for a while. Now the general theory is complete and all that remains to do have, or create plans and from them construction the apparatus. I am going to see if I can do that. Good luck to all of you!

Adiós mi amor patitos grasa y amigos, hasta que nos reunirá de nuevo
Glenn,
Date: 26 December 2012
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 27/12/2012 00:41:25
 This is a work in progress. I am not worried. Once angular momentum and tilting force have both been greatly increased, short of exceeding the ultimate tensile strength of steel, then you begin increasing tilting force only to increase precession speed. I cannot accept that the pivotal at the pedestal will act out of balance at these forces. Who could make such otherwise limited ratio. God only and why would He do that?

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products