Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

25 April 2024 13:42

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: Centrifuge can mask the truth in testing.
Question: It is over due to clarify a distinction. In gravity powered gyroscopes centrifuge is very prevalent and unless one accepts that, all his testing and hypotheses will be miss-lead. Once centrifuge is accepted every thing falls into place in observation and logic.

With the Hub powered gyroscope it is different. When the hub is powered horizontally, centrifuge is overwhelmed. The reason is that forced horizontal precession enacts the same forces upwards; as tilting vertically into gravity enacts forces to cause horizontal precession. As horizontal hub force causes the gyro to precess upward at the well known right angle, greater motor force than precession by gravity causes the wheel to rise upwards in precession against gravity. The higher it goes to vertical the incremental rise begins to shorten the horizontal shaft distance from hub to wheel and so there is a continuous lessening of resistance to the hub motor. Therefore the wheel begins to rotate faster. As the wheel rises it is being force inward toward vertical alignment. This action pulls inward against existing centrifuge. Also as the rise curves in an inward, upward arc, it attempts to additionally precess forward, also causing even less resistance against the hub motor. These are the reasons the hub motor begins to rotate faster and the reason centrifuge is pulled inward so that it does not project itself. This is where the idea of ‘no centrifuge, no mass and no momentum comes from.

Every action and reaction, cause and affect, follows the three laws of motion precisely--- without a single exception. It is a very logical device, but complicated as all get out and it tricks people and falsifies tests. Absolutely every thing happening must be taken into account and understood in order to get true testing results.

I felt it dutiful to come on here and correct my own misgivings and my past only half-true assertions centrifuge. Centrifuge is free to act in the gravity powered process, but it is kept from registering it’s force in the hub motor powered process.

I guess that about does it folks.
Happy trails,
Glenn
Date: 27 June 2013
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 27/06/2013 16:24:31
 I am editing my above piece. Stack this, change that:

a. …continuous lessening of resistance to the hub motor. Therefore the wheel begins to be rotated faster. (Rather let us say the flywheel begins to orbit the hub faster.)

b. As the rise curves in an inward, upward arc, it attempts to additionally precess forward. (Rather let us say it would attempt to precess backward, but for the vertical cessation of orbital motion and force.

Report Abuse
Answer: Blaze - 27/06/2013 19:23:15
 Very good Glenn. Nice to see someone else also understands what is going on.

You said "Absolutely every thing happening must be taken into account and understood in order to get true testing results."

I coundn't agree more. From a previous posting I said:
"I have said for some time now that a precessing over hung gyro (accelerating, decelerating or steady state) is just a combination of simple motions and forces but there are MANY motions and forces acting all at once. The key to understanding the resulting movement of the gyro is understanding ALL of the individual simple motions and forces correctly. If you miss even one motion or force or understand it incorrectly or imperfectly, you will end up seeing/expecting/theorizing something that isn't there or isn't correct and that will lead you down a blind alley every time."

cheers,
Blaze

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 28/06/2013 06:00:05
 Hello Blaze,
I remembered you said all those things. It was cleaver of you. It is all the more amazing than appears on the surface, but as for centrifuge, it is as we have said it is.

Way-to-go! and good show old sport.
Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 01/07/2013 14:45:10
 Lastly, I make myself clear. Centrifuge is the result of dead weight which makes itself known during precession. Precession of high speed rotating mass does not produce centrifuge.

Report Abuse
Answer: Blaze - 01/07/2013 19:01:22
 Whoops! That is where I disagree with you. Likely you and I (and from the sounds of it, everyone else on this forum and I) will never agree on this point. However, the way I see it is that mass is mass, regardless of whether it is spinning or not. Mass is an inherent part of matter (well at least normal matter anyway, which is what the gyro is made from). Some or all of the properties of mass do not disappear just because it is spinning. If it is moving it has momentum (mass x velocity, which could be angular or linear or both). That momentum pulls the gyro outwards (centrifugal acceleration) as it precesses. Both the spinning and non spinning matter contribute to this centrifugal acceleration. That same momentum causes the gyro to continue to move in a straight line when it is released from the pivot (just like a rock on a string where the string is suddenly let go).

Feel free to comment on this if you so choose but I will not respond. I have already stated my belief and understanding of the matter and, right or wrong, that is not going to change without some experimental proof and/or calculations to show it being different.

cheers,
Blaze

Report Abuse
Answer: Nitro - 01/07/2013 20:02:45
 Dear Blaze,

Mass is mass, indeed. However, the effect of spinning mass is something else.

kind regards
NM

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 01/07/2013 22:44:03
 Hi Blaze,

You have no idea what you do not know. Good!
You are so focused on what is known by everybody, you will never see the unknown.
But then, how could you know of what you do not know? Do you think I do not understand the physics of motion? Do you? Do your really think that?

I am buttoning up. I would be a fool to release this information no one has ever known.
I am exhausted from the research just finished. When I recover I will build the machines.

You are a nice boy, smart too and people like you. I saw you had friends and I'm glad, though you are all buttoned up too. Here is a nice little parting gift and some knowledge for you.

When I was just a little boy
I asked Doris Day
What will I be
Will I be handsome
Will I be rich
Here's what she said to me

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be

When I grew up and fell in love
I asked my sweetheart
What lies ahead
Will we have rainbows
Day after day
Here's what my sweetheart said

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be

See? It doesn’t matter that you say you will not respond. The future is not affected by what you think, but it may come to be affected by what I think.

Good cheers and happy days,
Glenn,

I will just go ahead and speak. When I recover my strength from this drenching, draining experience just finished of discovering, dismantling, rebuilding mechanically, proving and writing a new, currently disbelieved and unknown discovery and scientific paper, I will:

I will lay lazily around the Dustin Florida bay with my honey, with the sea in the backyard beyond the glassed-in pool, with the hot tub for winters. We will travel to far away places and extensively, but there I will stay and fish away the last of my days, always keeping a well supplied wine collection and daily eating the food of the gods prepared by my chef Lynda, student of chef schools in the US and abroad. While there by the pool, surrounded by an 18 hole Goff-course for my exercise and pleasure, between waking up from naps from time to time, I will go out and buy a good big metal lathe and mill to put in the four car garage and gingerly mosey in there from time to time, without a care, worry or hurry to begin building my inertial thrust machines.

God created this unknown button of the universe. Am I concerned with what others do not know they do not know?

Blessings to you my fellow travelers, Blase; my kin, riders on our little blue whirling ship, racing together through these wondrous corridors and windows of the universe. Carl Sagan is proud of us.

I must never return to this site.

Report Abuse
Answer: Blaze - 02/07/2013 01:27:33
 Perhaps it is I who know something you do not. ;-)

Blaze

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products