Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

23 April 2024 10:10

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Steve
Subject: Making my own gyroscope
Question: Hello,

I am a student of mechanical engineering from Rio de janeiro, Brazil and I am trying to make a gyroscope. But I didn't find any project in the internet. So, I would like if someone told me where I can find informations about this.

Thanks
Steve
Date: 24 May 2004
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: webmaster@gyroscopes.org - 11/09/2004 14:54:22
 if you have access to a lathe (engineering machine) it is very easy. However if you don't have access to a lathe you could glue say 10 CDs together to form a disk then find a shaft that fits tight down the hole of the CDs. I guess you could then make some wooden frame the hold the CDs/shaft. Drill a hole in the shaft so you can put a pull code through it to make it spin. I guess you may need to grease oil the ends. It would be a bit primitive.

Report Abuse
Answer: j zepeda - 02/05/2006 04:49:26
 gee!! man is that the answer to a studen of mechanical engineering??

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products