Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

29 March 2024 12:31

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Smalley M.D.
Subject: gyro Propulsion in 0 g and full g
Question: I am designing & building a propulsion device that utilizes gyroscopic propulsion, but when I look for the research done by others on the subject my browser is flooded with UFO metaphysical out of body bs that has nothing to do with my research which makes finding proven subject matter, like finding a needle in a haystack. It is a proven fact that you can draw directional energy from a rotating body. Any child who has played with a spinning bicycle tire on a playground merry go-round can tell you this. My question is what is the scientific name for the scientists who pursue this field of study? This device I have designed and created also creates and can potentially utilize a rotational vortex of electromagnetic energy. I would like to get in contact with student or professional researchers who can help me simulate, map, and predict, these fields. Who are the leading professionals in these fields of research? Thank you for your time Smalley M.D.
Date: 19 March 2014
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: RS - 22/03/2014 03:26:01
 There are no experts; this is supposed to be "impossible". Any "regular" physicist will think you are an idiot for even pursuing this.

I have been researching this for over 15 years now. The only person I think who has made a working device is Mike Marsden's Mac Quan 1.

You can email me at cougarrcsnva@hotmail.com and I can update you on our progress. I am building my own. I sure hope your idea is unique; most people are flawed in their thinking. Gyroscopic precession is not evidence of propulsion, as you mentioned above.

Report Abuse
Answer: Ted Pittman - 26/03/2014 14:20:08
 Hello Smalley,

While it is true that there's a lot of garbage on the internet about gyroscopic propulsion, there are also serious amateur researchers who are getting results. Most are either unwilling to share details of their successes or they have not followed rigorous scientific methods and collected data that can be duplicated by others.

I found this report very useful: www.iseti.us/WhitePapers/Mars2005/MarsSociety-2005-(DoestheLaithwaiteGyroscopicWeightLosshavePropulsionPotential-2005-09-11).pdf

NASA and other professional organizations will consider your work if you follow their guidelines: http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20070004897.pdf

Try to avoid getting caught up into the mindset of "US" and "THEM". That attitude can keep you from communicating with "THEM" just as it keeps "THEM" from taking amateurs seriously.

Everybody knows there's got to be a better way of travelling through space than rockets; and the solution will be welcomed by mankind.

Good Luck,
Ted

Report Abuse
Answer: Ted Pittman - 26/03/2014 14:40:45
 This is how I did it:
Equipment: http://www.gyroscopes.org/forum/questions.asp?id=1594
Results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIC4PA0ZrXs

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products