Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

20 May 2024 19:34

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Clive Curtis
Subject: History of
Question: At the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto in 1937, a party of scientists demonstrated on a 20-foot table, a box mainly rectangular roughly 8"wx18"hx24"in length that had not wheels. When a lever was turned the box thrust itself down the length of the table with great speed and force stopped at the end by wrestling scientists.

It was filmed and forgotten. Very likely there was a gyroscope inside which when a force was applied to take it off its centrifugal position caused it to direct itself laterally. Lift not, but leveraged energy definitely yes.

What's so difficult? I've waited a long time for this simple formula to put the Arabs back in the sand. Get with it!
Date: 15 June 2004
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: nitro macmad - 15/06/2004 21:31:47
 Dear Clive,

I would love to know where this gem of information came to you. It sounds like a self generating myth so if you are not able to name sources lets kill it here and now.

While you are at it you may like to explain how you think what we (or at least I) seek (reactionless motion, impulse drive-here we go again-call it what you will) is going to "put the Arabs back in the sand" and for that matter what that means and why we should want to.

You perhaps are mistaken in thinking that free energy, perpetual motion-here we go again-call it what you like is a concomitant of impulse drive. I don't think so. but please let me know if you find a way.

It is probably useless to suggest that it would be sensible to ease up on the use of non- renewables instead of hoping that planetary outgassing will save us or that someone else is going to come up with perpetual motion and then let you have it as freely as the Arabs you seem to have a problem with.

Regards

NM

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products