Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

20 June 2019 00:40

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  


Asked by: Mike Ward
Subject: Royal Navy Torpedo Gyroscope - need more info
Question: I have what I believe is a Royal Navy Torpedo Gyroscope and want to know more about it.

Can you help?

Some info on the markings follow.

Many thanks for any insight you can provide.

Mike Ward

AA No. 417 MOD 1

Engraved: R. 305

Has an insignia / stamp that looks like a “Royal Crown”…maybe this suggests “Royal Navy”. I can find this “Royal Crown” stamp in two places on the Gyro.

Also has markings on the underside of the top:


Other markings on it:
AC 1
(plus “Royal Crown” stamp)

Has a switch between the markings “COCKED” and “FIRED”

Dimensions: 240mm high x 200mm wide
Date: 23 October 2014
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Patrick Hill - 01/11/2014 00:39:12
 Mike I do not ans emails,write to me le2 8 eg num 43 dig around or ask phill wildbore

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2019 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products