Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

3 May 2024 10:07

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: David Davis
Subject: Research proposal
Question: Dear sir,
I have an idea for testing gyroscopic propulsion at extreamly high speeds. I have spent some months working on the design of a device that could test for such propulsion.
Unforunatly I am not in a position at this time to afford the time or expence of building the device.
I would like to know if you would be interested in looking at the design and perhaps you could offer a little credibillity to my idea and advising me in how to get it copywriten / pattented.
Please reply directly to my email address.
Thank you for your time.
David Davis.
Date: 29 January 2005
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Eric James ----- - 11/05/2005 07:50:32
 David,

I would be willing to look at your concept. Tell me about it.

Eric

Report Abuse
Answer: David Davis - 01/07/2005 23:25:07
 Dear Mr James,
Forgive my lack of correspondence, but I have misplaced your email address and my computer seems to have failed to save it.
I am currently trying to gather prices etc. to gain a grant to prototype and develope my design. I would appreciate a little constructive critisism but as I am sure you will understand, am very carefull about who I talk to as I am preparing to unleash my design as a saleable product.
At present I am unable to work and find myself with two full weeks before the doctor - hopefully - alows me to drive again. Please contact me directly at Anyamonsta@aol.com as I would very much like to dicuss the possibility of including somone like yourself in my project.
I will explane all to you directly over the telephone if you are prepared to give me your number in your Email. My knowledge of science and gyroscopes is practically zero but for reasons that I will explane later, I wish to keep it that way for the moment. Please contact me ASAP so that I can explane to you my theory and, why my lack of knowledge is to my advantage at this moment in time.
I'm sorry if that all sound a bit wierd, but all will be explaned in time.
Hope to speak to you soon.
Dave.

Report Abuse
Answer: David Davis - 01/07/2005 23:27:56
 Dear Mr James,
Forgive my lack of correspondence, but I have misplaced your email address and my computer seems to have failed to save it.
I am currently trying to gather prices etc. to gain a grant to prototype and develope my design. I would appreciate a little constructive critisism but as I am sure you will understand, am very carefull about who I talk to as I am preparing to unleash my design as a saleable product.
At present I am unable to work and find myself with two full weeks before the doctor - hopefully - alows me to drive again. Please contact me directly at Anyamonsta@aol.com as I would very much like to dicuss the possibility of including somone like yourself in my project.
I will explane all to you directly over the telephone if you are prepared to give me your number in your Email. My knowledge of science and gyroscopes is practically zero but for reasons that I will explane later, I wish to keep it that way for the moment. Please contact me ASAP so that I can explane to you my theory and, why my lack of knowledge is to my advantage at this moment in time.
I'm sorry if that all sound a bit wierd, but all will be explaned in time.
Hope to speak to you soon.
Dave.

Report Abuse
Answer: Eric James ----- - 09/07/2005 07:25:01
 Dave,

A lack of knowledge is your strength? I am highly dubious.

I do have some experience with the patent process. Here is some advice to get you started:

In the case of self-contained propulsion concepts and such, I highly recommend that you do not proceed to patent until you have a working model to demonstrate (just keep it a secret until then).

Even if you have a working model you might want to hold off on patenting it (depending on a variety of circumstances). Basically, if you're confident no one else will think of it (no one has in hundreds of years of trying), then why start a clock that will eventually end up in you losing your rights to it?

If you MUST patent in order to proceed, then I recommend you read the book: "Patent It Yourself." It is frequently updated. Get the latest version you can from your local library ( I think it's a 2004 edition).

Sorry, I don't give out my personal information (like my phone number) to strangers, but you may reply to my e-mail or to the forum. If things sound promising, I may be open to more direct contact in the future.

In any case, I wish you full success.

Eric

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products