Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

3 May 2024 15:19

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Turner
Subject: TV appearance
Question: Just to let you know I should be appearing on Sky One Mon 28th 21:00 (uk time) on a programme called
50 terriable predictions. If you want to see me making a fool of myself please tune in!

In short Sandy Kidd was their first choice but I offered to help when Sandy could not make it (they kept changing the times/dates/locations). From what I gather there is only going to be brief bit about gyroscopic propulsion. Its taking the line it hasn't succeeded and questions whether it will in the future. Although now that
I know the title of the show I think it will be a little more bias than that.

Topics covered included Eric Laithwaite, the poor handling by the press, lack of interest by scientists. Why the lack of interested by scientists. I did not answer any detailed questions. Hopefully I've not said anything
to dumb and I would hope they edit it sensibly.

Glenn Turner
(webmaster for gyroscopes.org)
Date: 25 March 2005
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Nitro MacMad - 26/03/2005 00:36:37
 Dear Glen,

Regrettably I only have clockwork TV without “Sky”. Hopefully you will put something of your interview on this site for shed dwelling nutters like me without “Sky”

I have to say that, knowing how careless of people the media is, I fear that the clue in the title of the proposed programme suggests that you are going to be used and abused… Plus sa change. You can be sure that they will edit it sensibly – but based on who’s sense? Hope I’m wrong and that the programme supports the unbiased examination of anything by anyone who is happy to spend their time so doing.

Kind regards
NM

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Turner - 26/03/2005 11:25:14
 False alarm.

Just opened a letter today (Sat 26th March) from the media company. Basically I won't
be on.

Its says:

"Thank you so much for sparing us the time for your interview on 7th March for our Sky One 'Predictions' project. I'm writing to apologise as I'm afraid, on this occasion, your interview didn't make the final cut. The programme evolved significantly in the final days of edit (in other words we were 'running over' and we had to make some last-minute sacrifices to certain parts of the show).

I'm sorry to say, as good as your intrerview was, that yours was one that I'm afraid we had to lose. It may come of no consolation but you were in very good company on the cutting room floor this week.

Apologies for the late notice and I hope you still tune in and enjoy the show which will be transmitted on Moday 28th March at 21:00"

Glenn Turner

Report Abuse
Answer: Sandy Kidd - 29/03/2005 07:43:04
 Morning Glenn,
A bit disappointing for you perhaps, though this could be a blessing in disguise.
The fact that it all ended up on the cutting room floor, is, unfortunately, a fair indication as to the credibility of gyroscopic drive.
We have always been way down in the credibility stakes, so I am a bit surprised they bothered to ask in the first place.
However in view of the format of the program, they are bound to throw in a few controversial and/or ridiculous predictions purely for amusement value.
Gyroscopic drive could very well have been one of those.
Sandy.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products