Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

3 May 2024 09:11

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: John Sutton
Subject: The Laithwaite/Dawson patent 5860317
Question: Has anybody actually built this machine and does it work?
Date: 18 April 2005
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: webmaster@gyroscopes.org - 19/04/2005 18:39:58
 I don't know anyone that has built the machine(s) or is in the process of building the machine(s). The patent actually shows a number of different machines. I'm not even sure that Laithwaite/Dawson built all of them but I'm guessing some of them were built.
If they do exist I would love to see them.

Report Abuse
Answer: John Sutton - 05/05/2005 17:49:57
 In the "Examples of Anomaly" thread in this forum, Nitro MacMad wrote:

"A crude example is shown on wheels (I did put "frictionless" in inverted commas) and the only example remaining I am aware of is shown in the rather noisey video on this site."

I assume that Nitro is referring to Alex Jones's invention? Regardless, where is this video, I can't find it on the site. Or any video of such a machine!

BTW, it strikes me as very odd that, of those people who are interested in gyroscopes, and have the necessary time and skills to actually build such things, not one has tried to realise the design(s) contained in a patent written by an engineer of the stature of Eric Laithwaite! What is going on here?

Report Abuse
Answer: Nitro MacMad - 17/05/2005 18:20:57
 Dear John Sutton,

On this site, go to gallery, then heretic tab. The video is rough but should give some clues.

I think you should understand that a patent - especially one filed in the USA - does not indicate that a particular device works or has even been made. A lot of people rush to get the earliest "priority date" in case some other "nutter in a shed" (I prefer inventive genious) is working on the same thing. Unlike the UK the USA will grant patent for devices that have no chance of working, so care is needed when deciding if their patent claims are worth following up. If they were it is likely that the patent owner would have followed them up themselves.

Kind regards
NM

Report Abuse
Answer: Dave Davis - 01/07/2005 23:07:22
 Would a papent be granted if somone came up with a design for a gyroscopic device that produced more electricity than was needed to power it's mechanics?
I am working on such a design and am worried that my desgin will be refused a patent because I am sure that it will work.

P.S. I recieved an Email from a gentleman named ERIC a month or two back but due to a computer fault have lost his Email. Can you please email me again Eric, I would very much like to contact you.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products