Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

3 May 2024 06:46

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: steve
Subject: it seems to work
Question: i have been expermenting for years with gyros . i have come up with something . 3 gyros opposing each other on a center platform . gimble points 180 by 180 degrees . small dc motor driven for each gyro (self sencing stepper motors ) for feed back to computer. now the key , the platform is a larger , much wider gyro that has much more force than the other 3 gyros connected to the same platform . now the problem . years ago when i made this contraption i lacked the computer skils or the math needed to write the software program needed to operate 360 x 360 movement. at the time when i tried this , i was using water and i had a ballast for boyancy . Q: do you know where i can go for funding ? to finish my work ?
Date: 19 April 2005
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Victor Geere - 19/04/2005 10:32:55
 www.hbdvc.com , but you will have to have your ducks in a row, a product, a business plan and a concept of ROI.

Report Abuse
Answer: DaveS - 19/04/2005 12:17:08
 And then there is the inevitable patent issues.

Report Abuse
Answer: Victor Geere - 30/04/2005 22:20:34
 a non-disclosure agreement might do the trick during the early stages of the negotiations.

Report Abuse
Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 31/05/2005 00:58:04
 Steve,

You wrote an interesting entry in the gyroscopes.com forum back in April 19th. The emotional tone of the entry was exciting. I hope you got funding.

I can only speculate on your chances of success with the configuration you mentioned but my main interest in your effort is that you are ahead of the game in controlling self sensing stepper motors while sharing a passionate interest in the gyro propulsion quest. Also it appears that your hands are skillful at building things (something I sorely lack).

I am interested in a collaborative effort to work on my design and I mean no offense in saying that I have no interest in your design. Again, my interest is in your building skills and knowledge handling self sensing stepper motors. In my design the stepper motor is to be used in the main rotor (for intermittent torque) and not in the individual gyroscopes (however I do not discount the possibility of a need to apply intermittent torque to the gyros as well).

Please let me know if you have any level of interest in a collaborative effort and at what point in time you may wish to participate in the effort.

Thank you,
Luis

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products