Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

20 May 2024 17:34

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Frank Snykers
Subject: general info for prototype
Question: A friend , selfmade mechanic , constructed here in Belgium a device with 3 engines making a wheel spin and lifting the device easily up to 30 meters .
He showed me, the device was not only stable in the air by heavy wind but it was also easy to direct up and down, left and right .
My guess is that the lifting power of his device is about 10 to 12 times higher per horsepower than helicopter.

Has any-one experience with this type of device ? Is there already patent on this ? Who could help to formulate and calculate the theory behind ( experiment prototype showed it works , but what is the underlying
mathematics )
To find solutions for a pre-production prototype we need engines that can stand the spin-speed
And most of all , who would be interested to improve with more sofisticated technology and build a presentable prototype to catch interest from potential investor ?

For your information : my friend made this device to lift trees and to transport them over farmers land avoiding to damage the land . The first prototype he made brook apart due to unexpected pulling forces , the second prototype worked very well with electric motors from lawnmore .
Date: 8 June 2005
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Chris D - 06/07/2005 02:10:09
 Hello Frank,
I believe there has been significant studies into the lifting forces generated by gyroscopic forces. I've recently become interested in doing some research on it myself. I am an aeronautical engineer in Australia and I'll be doing some formulation from first principals in my spare time, in doing this I hope to get a better understanding of where gyroscopic forces could improve modern day inventions. I'd love to hear more about your friends machines and help you both understand how to make them stronger, more stable, more efficient and safer.
Contact me at chrisdafa@hotmail.com

Report Abuse
Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 06/08/2005 19:56:23
 Frank,
Can you and your friend shoot a video (or good pictures) of the device in action and then either post them in the internet or email them to interested people? Your device is sure to interest my group of investors if what you say can be demonstrated.
Luis.

Report Abuse
Answer: d brown - 14/08/2005 14:59:03
 Good post, I finally got something else into words. I'll share.

The possible something from nothing appearance from gyroscopes and other efficient projects is exactly that, I feel. They are just super efficient machines that make everything else we did look so clumsy. It would be nice to know any advantages of an elevator which exploits the gyro effect, if any. (I assume it's point of pivot would have to ratchet it's way up.) We Must exploit this thing called a gyro.

In the lecture videos at this website, there are atleast 2 instances where a gyro seems to make things lighter. I would also love to see a scale placed under the pivot points. He did weighing before, and weighing after, but never during and never of the whole system. I think the scale would show constant though.

A formula is great to calculate, but to see with one's own eyes the spectacle, would be great food for thought. A system appears lighter but never changes weight.

:)-

Report Abuse
Answer: dave brown - 28/08/2005 18:37:48
 correction
A system appears lighter but never changes MASS.

I must remember that the weight number = the mass number only on earth,
that lb can only be converted to kg with the 2.2xxx on earth,
- when dealing with stationary objects/systems.
that lb relates to a force and kg relates to a property.

sorry for confusion.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products