Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

6 May 2024 22:14

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: John Morton
Subject: I might need to team up with someone
Question: I have designed a gyroscope system that I have not found anywhere else in all my searches which I hope might at least demonstrate a measurable weight loss. I can email a PDF article/schematics to interested parties if they contact me on perform@doctorcool.co.uk. My main problem is that I do not have workshop facilities or the hands-on machining experience to construct a working model, which would have to be both strong and accurately made and balanced. I therefore need to team up with someone. I am not concerned with design rights etc since this matter is too important for all that. This subject really is the Holy Grail. My design appears to bring all forces, including the force that rotates the entire gyroscope assembly, "inside the box" so that I do not resemble the man sitting in the back of a rowing boat with a pair of large bellows directed at the sails and expecting the boat to move. Someone once said that "if an idea appears too good to be true it probably is" but I can't help thinking that mankind is due a stroke of luck.
Date: 4 August 2005
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: chris - 05/08/2005 16:35:48
 good luck
hope it works

Report Abuse
Answer: chris - 05/08/2005 16:35:54
 good luck
hope it works

Report Abuse
Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 06/08/2005 16:26:44
 John,
You are correct; the accomplishment of gyro-propulsion will open the door to some of this century’s great accomplishments. Regarding the construction of your device, you will need to show that your design does more than provide full containment of the device. The device must be self contained but you must be sure that it does not create unexpected precessions during the thrust part of the cycle (there is a fellow who refers to it as Nitro’s first law).
Luis

Report Abuse
Answer: John Morton - 06/08/2005 17:04:59
 Thanks Luis for your reply. I have heard of these precession problems the so-called "tumbling motions" but as I said I need to do some practical work here. A hands-on approach is important for me because I lack the mathematical and other knowledge at present, something I am (slowly) working on.

Report Abuse
Answer: d brown - 14/08/2005 15:15:46
 ok, I've read enough about this to chance some thoughts.

Based on gyroscopes having a magnetic field I would agree that it could display true levitation while interacting with the earth's magnetic field. The closer you are to a magnetic pole, the more a linear force could be exerted. You would see the same by bringing 2 magnets close to each other, they would either attract or repel.

There have been recent??? studies that the earth is going to flip it's magnetic poles some time soon??? .

- This has brought rise to mini??? poles here and there about the surface of the earth. So, if you experiment works there, but not over there, find a pole.

:)- (the reason i dimple the chin on my smiley face is that is how I search for my posts within this forum. :)-

To take this topic to the limit, we could use gyroscopic effect to strenghten the earth's magnetic shield. Yes?

Report Abuse
Answer: John Morton - 14/08/2005 16:45:31
 In reply to D Brown I have not been looking at magnetic phenomena nor do I expect my device to actually levitate. There have been some suggestions that gyroscopic propulsion might one day be achieved because the inertial mass of the rim of the gyroscope might interact with the ZPF but all this is conjecture at the moment, as is the idea of ZPE itself. The granting of funds by the US government to explore the possibility of tapping the background sea of energy suggests that no one should be too quick to dismiss these matters. I do not understand the part of your reply relating to the dimple on your chin.

Report Abuse
Answer: d brown - 14/08/2005 16:58:28
 The dimple is completely off topic.

Report Abuse
Answer: dsdsg - 28/10/2005 11:39:53
 Spiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinningSpiniinng spinning I love spinning

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products