Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

20 April 2024 15:30

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: johnkemley
Subject: the creation of non/anti gravitional effects from gyroscopic
Question: What recent results have been produced from the effects of spinning a large massed object on a shaft at high speed and lifting nthe shaft to the upright poaition through a rotation of 180degrees.
The hypothosis is that it will create its own gravational field and can more easily be pushed away from the earth.
Date: 24 August 2005
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: dave brown - 28/08/2005 06:34:33
 I have heard of none, but...
In doodling little gyro.s and force lines, my first fear was that if we were able to create an anti-grav., then we must be stealing so much gravity which is coming from the earth that it would leave the atmosphere directly above it unattracted. I then remembered that gravity attracts in all directions, so that the more gravity we steal into the gyro, the more it would hold the atmosphere in place.
that said,
I went on to think of escape velocity gyro.s, but they again would still fall to earth as they only wish to retain their position, in what ever space-time they are attracted to.
that said,
if matter has gravity, then anti-matter must have anti-gravity.

Still working on stuff here. :)

Report Abuse
Answer: dave brown - 28/08/2005 17:32:35
 clarification
I went on to think of escape velocity gyro.s, but they again would still fall to earth as they only wish to retain their ORIENTATION, in what ever space-time they are attracted to.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products