Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

20 May 2024 14:35

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Felipe Wescoup
Subject: Solution to Gyroscopic Propulsion
Question: Dear Sirs,

My name is Felipe Wescoup. I am an engineer for an environmental engineering company in Texas.

A couple of years ago I mathematically solved gyroscopic propulsion. I have been sitting on my calculations until I could afford to build the test model. I have had my calculations checked by a PhD Mechanical Engineer. He agreed, my calculations should produce lift. But we won’t know for sure until the test model is built. (I sent my calculations to another PhD ME, but I think he got bogged down in the dynamics.)

The mathematics to produce gyroscopic propulsion is relatively easy. (In comparison to some of the mathematical models I have done.) However, knowing how to produce gyroscopic propulsion is probably less than one third of the way towards producing a gyroscopic propulsion system. A true gyroscopic propulsion system is going to require more than just spinning a gyroscope or two.

I do feel gyroscopic propulsion is possible. I also feel it is the future of space flight. I have done sizing calculations for test models, flying cars, and a vehicle of similar capacity to the space shuttle.

Again, I haven’t been blindly spinning gyroscopes in a lab. Because of the way the gyroscopes have to be set up, I’m extremely confident no one will stumble on to the solution of this phenomenon. And I haven’t seen any models that are close to the solution. I approached and solved this phenomenon mathematically with a strong understanding of rotational dynamics.

I found this website two days ago. I’m unsure if anyone affiliated with or anyone that stumbles across this website can assist me. But I don’t think it can hurt anything. I will not share or discuss my calculations. However, if you feel that you can assist me in developing this technology, send an email to Wescoup@comcast.net.

Thank you,
Felipe Wescoup
Date: 26 August 2005
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

• No answers yet
  • Add an Answer >>
    Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
    Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products