Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

7 May 2024 04:20

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: dave brown
Subject: Luis Gonzalez - a question
Question: In regards to the J

If I put an Up force x which can hold 10 lbs above the ground,
and then apply that same force x to 5 lbs,
the 5 lbs accelerates.

acceleration of an object is then a effect of an accelerating source of force x.

As the propulsion device will carry the flywheel with it,
it is then accelerating the source of force with it,
Propulsion. Yes?
Date: 3 October 2005
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 29/11/2005 13:42:46
 Hi Dave,

I have another example. If you tie a little bucket to the hub of the gyro that is precessing and began poring five pounds of tiny ball bearings into the bucket the gyro will continually accelerate. But, once you stop pouring at any time the gyro will only maintain the last velocity reached. But, you are right. By dropping the total of five bounds all at once you will get a very short-lived instant of acceleration. A constant acceleration would seem more useful to me and even causing this condition alone shouldn’t cause linear motion. What you said however, is a good mechanical understanding that is a beginning, needing a middle and then an ending as to ‘how’ to make it all work in order to get what you want. If you like I can offer you ways to study that I think will give you more evidence of how things work the way they do.
Glenn H.,

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products