Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

6 May 2024 20:19

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: chris jones
Subject: what are you trying to achieve
Question: What are you trying to achieve?
an understanding of what a gyroscope is doing?,or making a gyroscope fly?
Date: 2 January 2006
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Stephen Wilson - 05/01/2006 01:10:21
 Chris, some of us have a passion to solve the mystery of what the gyroscope holds, one day it will be discovered, this forum may be where it will happen and when it does a little bit of history will be made. We want to discover the secrect of Gyroscopic Propulsion, do you have any ideas?

Regards Steve

Report Abuse
Answer: chris jones - 05/01/2006 01:29:03
 I saw the original christmas lecture on tv when I was twelve and have been hooked ever since.
I've got a few ideas but have discarded many over the years.
finaly think i've figured out why a gyroscope behaves the way it does but I cannot explain it in the mathematical terms you all use.
i've decided to get on and build my (thing)and if it works ill show you all free of charge.
the principle is easy. the engineering is a nightmare, but I've started now and it wont let me go.

Report Abuse
Answer: chris jones - 05/01/2006 01:32:43
 P.S
It needs a big engine.

Report Abuse
Answer: Luis Gonzalez - 07/01/2006 15:20:10
 Chris,
This forum has multiple categories.
In one category (“Basic Gyroscope Questions”) interested people may ask and seek to understand gyro behaviors. Which behaviors are being sought for understanding depends on which (physical and mental) experiments have been performed and what the results were.
The other category is “Gyroscopic Propulsion” where people ask and sometimes share regarding how gyros may be used to propel devices forward. If this is accomplished with sufficient force then it will be called “flying,” with lesser force they can be space thrusters or such.
Thanks, Luis

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products