Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

24 April 2024 09:43

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: David Gifford
Subject: Buying a Gyroscope
Question: Hi,
Does anyone know where I may purchase a gyroscope in Oregon Portland, or maybe in Washington Seattle?
Or Used ones in the NW?
Date: 2 January 2006
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Mike Arst - 06/03/2007 06:21:15
 I live in that general area and have never found a gyroscope other than the cheapest possible "museum shop" types of toys. They break quickly or are otherwise frustrating to use. (Oh, where is the wonderful Edmund Scientific gyro of the early 1960s?)

Finally I ordered the super-precison gyro from Gyroscope.com. It is no toy -- it is beautifully made. With fully charged batteries in its motor (supplied) (they do not recommend starting it with a string as that exerts too force of the wrong kind onto the shaft/bearings), I have been able to get it spinning for ~10 minutes on a hard smooth surface (glass or hard ceramic). It isn't inexpensive -- but I found it worth every penny. If only there *were* sources for such things in the Pacific Northwest...

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products