Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

24 April 2024 10:02

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Michael Labib
Subject: Sperry Gyroscope to let
Question: First I would like to thank you for the information you share with everybody. I have some sperry gyroscopes and I really need to turn even just one of them on to use it to stablize a camera platform and I need your help to provide me with some information. I have like 7 of them and I could send you pictures of the gyroscope from outside and inside. I could give you one of them if you want to present on this website because I dont thing I will use all of them but kindly send me any infor mation you can and also send me your email to send you pictures so u have a better idea.

Yours truly,

Michael
Date: 18 February 2006
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Todd Kuhns - 30/06/2006 03:03:16
 Michael,
I am a gyro 'nut' who likes to collect gyros, mainly old millitary types. I bought on ebay 2 28 vdc to 115vac 400 cycle 3 phase rotary inverters. They are very small, but are perfect for running many of the old gyros, as many are 400 cycle 3 phase 115 volt units. I am having fun with these, I have several gyros that I can run.
I don't want to part with my inverters, but I know of a seller that currently has 2 units listed on ebay. They are just like mine. The starting bid is $24.95, and could probably be won for that amount. I'm not for sure, but I think this seller will only ship within the USA. He is listed on ebay as "aircraftstock". He is a very good source to deal with.
I hope this is of help. If you have any questions, plese feel free to e mail me.
Todd.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products