Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

13 May 2024 18:51

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: terry grant
Subject: gyroscope in vehicle
Question: hi my name is terry i am a proffesional stunt driver based in the uk and would like to know if anyone can help i would like to run a car on two wheels and want to know if a gyroscope could help me achieve this and if it does where i can purchase one good enough to do the job as i would like to push the boundarys of this trick to its limits many thanks terry
Date: 16 March 2006
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Michael Labib - 02/07/2006 13:25:43
 Terry,

First the idea itself is nice but in order to do so you will need a very strong gyroscope or maybe more than one to balance a car and also you will have to remove all the unnessesary objects inside and out the side the car to make it lighter and easier to balance. Second the type of gyroscope you will need to get this done is the military type that is used for gunsight or aircraft navigation and also the matching inverters to supply it with power. Drop me an email and I will send you some pictures of my gyroscopes to let you know what I am talking about.

Regards,

Michael

Report Abuse
Answer: Jerry Volland - 03/07/2006 15:28:35
 terry,

I have a machine I call a Rotator which will do this very thing. It produces a constant torque and it doesn't matter which two wheels stay off the ground. My intent has been to market this device on an individual basis specifically to stunt drivers. Contact me directly for further information.

Regards,
Jerry Volland
jerryvolland@spaceoffice.us

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products