Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

10 May 2024 02:31

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: John Farrell
Subject: Psycology and gryoscopes
Question: Hi all,
I have a challenge in building my gyroscope. We use a gyroscopic effect (with the client sitting inside), for our client to go though a Personal Development journey. Very effective however I’m trying to build one small enough and aesthetically pleasing to sitting inside a therapist’s office. We have built one that goes outside, the client sits in it and it is built out of 2 inch steel tubing. The material I’m presently using is 1 inch Stainless steel. Has anyone built a light weight example they could give some help with? The system doesn’t need spinning at great speed often the client will only do 2 or 3 revolutions in a 10 minute period, they end up hanging at different angles (they need to be seated for this therapy).
Thanks in anticipation
John Farrell
Date: 11 August 2006
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Nitro Macmad - 19/08/2006 19:15:13
 Dear John Farrell,

I am sorry I cannot help with your search for a gyro that can be sat in by one of your patients as I am one of the nutters in a shed who are, usually to be found on the propulsion section, searching for mass transfer without opposite reaction. Perhaps this is sufficiently illogical to warrant a “personal development journey”.

However, before ordering a “personal development journey”, I would first like to know that a “personal development journey” will be effective.

I have, over the years, heard of many previously fashionable Psychological “treatments” that have, amongst other things, involved: - wrapping people in cold wet blankets; winding people’s memories back to create (that mystical, unbelievable, silver bullet to the id) an “abreaction”; the fantastical “orgone” box, lamp, blanket, underpants etc.; insulin convulsion therapy that was sometimes effective (but how to explain to the family when “the treatment was effective but the patient died”?) and that sledgehammer to crack a nut (you should excuse the expression), but amazingly successful, electro convulsive therapy, now largely replaced by drugs that can be fine provided the patient doesn’t become deluded that they have become well and stop taking them without anyone noticing until the patient harms themselves and/or someone they believe needs harming.

I really hope that your gyro therapy is actually able to affect a cure for the sick. It’s surely not just another fashionable way for “therapists” to lighten the wallets of the pampered classes is it?

Regards
NM

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 27/08/2006 15:47:39
 Have you fellows considered the lobotomy, instead of gyroscopes, etc. to enhance your mentality/personality? You’ll need a handheld mirror, a drill & bit, a big spoon and steady hands. As soon as you suddenly feel you no longer believe in IP you can stop spooning. You’re healed.
Glenn,
P.S. Don’t forget to plug the hole.

Report Abuse
Answer: John Farrell - 29/08/2006 14:02:34
 Sorry obviously on the wrong site for meaningful dialogue. But a great source or people with self esteem issues.

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 29/08/2006 15:39:56
 John, just kidding you a little. I'm ot serious. Didn't you know? Smile!
Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 29/08/2006 15:55:27
 …'Not' serious. #%x%(#&*, curses again.

You are hereby ordered by the power invested in yourself to learn forever and here afterward how to spell the word …not. %$*&*(#&%# ! Growl, Growl!

Report Abuse
Answer: Jim Hare - 06/09/2006 15:55:41
 Hi John. We manufacture a human gyroscope that completely disassembles, so it can fit through a standard door.

You would need a ceiling height of 9 1/2 feet, when assembled.

Please look our WEB site www.gyrogym.com for information, the model number is GyroGym2504.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products