Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

25 April 2024 07:14

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Simon Bennett
Subject: Powered Gyros.
Question: Hi I'm Simon and am new to the world of gyros.

I've searched tinternet for a battery powered scope similar to the ones found at:- http://plus.maths.org/issue7/features/gyroscopes/

They look pretty cool.

If any one can build one, knows of a mechanical engineer that can build one, has plans for one etc.... then please reply to this posting or use email at ground zero.

My initial thoughts are that I would like someone to bastardize a DeWalt 18V Cordless cut off tool,
the DC410KA (Angle Grinder). Gear it up and fit a variable speed trigger. Slap in a 150mm solid brass rotor. Precision bearings and quality shaft. Oh and I would like 2.

To buy two cordless grinders with 1 battery pack and two batteries is about £ 350.00.

Can the finished product be made for less than £600.00 per unit ?????

If there are any takers out there who can bring this on and don't want to give details out in a forum, I've set up an email address:- myspam@postgirl.co.uk

A toast to inventors, engineers, the Queen, Country and things that spin.

Simon
myspam@postgirl.co.uk

Date: 28 September 2006
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

• No answers yet
  • Add an Answer >>
    Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
    Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products