Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

10 May 2024 04:29

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: john carr
Subject: youtube
Question: THIS IS NOT REALLY A QUESTION, SO I HOPE YOU DONT MIND.HELLO SANDY KIDD,I REMEMBER A TV PROGRAM I SAW MUST HAVE BEEN 1986 MAYBE ITV WHERE YOU WHERE SHOWING YOUR INVENTION. I WAS AMAZED WHEN I SAW WHAT IT COULD DO,I WAS THINKING WHY DONT YOU PUT A VIDEO OF YOUR INVENTION ON YOUTUBE I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT. http://www.youtube.com/ ITS VERY EASY TO UPLOAD VIDEO, IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS XP YOU CAN USE WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER YOU CAN FIND THAT PROGRAM IN ,START,HELP AND SUPPORT AND TYPE IN THE SEARCH BAR WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER.(IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A LITTLE MOVIE OF YOUR OWN) WHEN I SAW YOUR INVENTION I THOUGHT IT WAS THE FUTRUE. i WAS READING ABOUT SOME OF YOUR EXPERENCES THESE PAST 20 YEARS. WELL WE ALL KNOW WHY INVENTIONS LIKE YOURS AND MANY OTHER INVENTIONS THAT COULD CHANGE MANY PEOPLES LIVES GET IGNORED.I JUST WANTED TO SAY DONT GIVE UP.
Date: 3 October 2006
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Sandy Kidd - 17/10/2006 08:44:04
 John,
I have just returned home after an excellent holiday in the town of Rhodes.
Great history, great buildings, great restaurants, great bars and great weather, where the natives are very friendly, and where the only gyros present, are being eaten.
Anyhow, that’s it for this year I think, so on to your statement John.
I have promised myself to have the tape of the program converted to a digital format for some years now, but being less of a priority, have not yet got around to it, and that would really have been for my own use in any case. I suppose I should really get it done as my daughters tend to be the custodians of all this kind of stuff, and I would not like them to be left with VHS video tapes when all the video players are finally junked.
However, I do suppose that, if there was any interest in seeing the film, or excerpts from it, then this could probably be arranged. One thing about television it certainly got the device a lot of attention. I will need to check on the copyrights first though.
The thing was genuine, but no one had a clue at that time, (20 years ago now) why it could do what it did. I eventually extracted its secrets after a 10 year apprenticeship dabbling with gyroscopes, and a barrow load of testing. Since then I have attempted to make simpler and better machines with the knowledge I gained from it.
In light of the fact that devices of this type operate contrary to accepted principles, irrespective of what some folks think, and this possibility scares the hell out of the academics, it is doubtful, in the final analysis, and judging from my own personal experiences, if they will ever be accepted, at least in what is left of my lifetime.
Having managed to achieve suitable endorsements from high status laboratories, (not far short of 20 years ago), which related to the successful production of inertial thrust, (from other machines) has proved to be a waste of time, as the laboratory reports, were treated, with the contempt, the academics thought they deserved.
It would appear that acceptance could perhaps be gained, if a convincing operational demonstration, of suitable profile, be presented by the media, preferably via a national television channel, to get the inevitable conflict going. It is a path I do not wish to take, but it is the only way I know where it will not be ignored, and sufficient notice will be taken, to force battle lines to be drawn.
I am at this time, in an advanced stage of preparation for just such a demonstration, in case I decide to choose this option.
Sandy Kidd.

Report Abuse
Answer: John Carr - 26/10/2006 23:54:08

Hi Sandy,
Thank you for replying.
Just my opinion but you could video your old and new machines your self, so you don't have any copyright problems.
Make your own videos tell your own story no middle men, there are over 100,000 million viewers on youtube.
Here is a link to my videos on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnygeetar
The process is relatively easy if you have some computer experience.
If you do not have any computer experience I would be willing to bring you up to scratch,its not that difficult, but I know from my experience that if someone shows you what to do a 6 month learning curve becomes a walk in the park.
Im reapeting myself but i really think its worth the effort to get your invention into cyberspace you never know what could happen.
Better than gathering dust.
I mean what i say i live in Edinburgh and it would be no trouble to come and help you out with videoing your invention. Im not working at the moment as i am recovering from ME/CFS so i have plenty time on my hands.

Yours Sincerely
John Carr

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products