Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

10 May 2024 02:21

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: dcman2007
Subject: Gyroscope Experiment/Weight Change Anomoly
Question: Testing for weight change anomoly.
The experiment I would like to do involves using 23 or more gyroscopes set in a circular pattern with the gyros set on the outside edge of a duralumin disc/saucer. The shaft of the gyros which
has a gear on the end of it extends past the gyroscope housing to the center of the
disc/saucer which is attached to a single gear/gyro, which when spun by a motor, turns
ALL the gyros simultaneously. .. the center gear/gyro is attached to the gear at the end of the extended shaft of the exterior gyros (center gear spun to around 28,000
rpms which will spin all the gyros on the outside considerably faster) Does anyone know if gyros have been tested in this pattern or not? One thing I would like to know is, will this create a magnetic vortex if spun at this speed? The duralumin Disc/Saucer I will use is not flat, but saucer shaped with an
areodynamically shaped concave/convex sufaces that includes 2 central
circular humps to house the center gear. I would like to Yeah I know, flying saucer...but I am more curious about the effect of the gyros in this type of assemby.
Date: 3 January 2007
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Colin Stanforth - 22/02/2007 13:29:19
 This isn't an answer to your question, more like a continuation of it. I also have wondered about producung such a device (though without so many gyros on the outside, I was thinking perhaps 4) but my device would have the outside gyros spinning at 90deg to their plane angle of rotation, if you see what I mean. Thus the gyros would be spinning about 3 axiis at the same time, where would the precesion predominate?

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products