Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

10 May 2024 17:12

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: James Roberts
Subject: Gyro-stabilized monorail system designed for single-rail(eliminating any rail dynamic instability
Question: GYROSCOPES AND GROUND TRANSPORT
FLYWHEELS AND FLUID POWER

Dear Sir:

My name is James Roberts, Director of Public Relations, Swinney-Ferreira Gyro-Dynamics, Inc, located in California. Our Company has designed, machined, and tested a unique monorail system and hydrostatic transmission that your organization might be interested in evaluating. These efforts have resulted in certain technological breakthroughs in three areas of scientific research.

Three basic areas of technology are:

(1). Kinetic energy wheel propulsion and braking systems.
(2) Improved hydrostatic power transmission systems.
(3). Gyro-dynamics stabilization of ground transportation.
(a), A gyro-stabilized monorail system.
(b) A gyro-stabilized two-wheeled car.
(c ). A gyro-stabilized motorcycle

Would it be possible:

(1). To have your mechanical engineering department, who may have expertise in the areas of gyro-dynamics, gyro-stabilization and flywheel/rotor dynamics, evaluate our monorail technology for a possible “reverse engineering phase” to make our monorail prototype operational again .
(2). To put together a consortium /partnership with your organization/company, to help us finalize our technologies and bring them to the marketplace.
(3). To have an assessment from your institute/school/organization of our gyro-monorail designed for single-rail. We are anxious to establish , if our (true monorail concept) has validity from professional engineers within the industry.

It has been well documented that, rail dynamic instability still remains a problem with bi-rail systems. In response, the industry has founded numerous institutions and research facilities, to investigate dynamic instability. So far, the solution for rail dynamic instability has not been found. We believe that our gyro-stabilized monorail invention system is the solution, virtually eliminating any dynamic instability, due to the fact it is designed to travel on a single-rail.

To lend authenticity to these communications, we have prepared a DVD of the prototype systems in actual operation during testing procedures. Along with the DVD will be documentation further describing the monorail and hydrostatic transmission technology. Also, an executive summary written by the inventor (Louis Swinney) will be provided. Mr. Swinney, my friend and inventor of the “gyro-stabilized monorail system” recently passed-away. I am trying to carry-on his work, however I am in need of help from an industrial concern.

Would your organization like to evaluate our technologies? If yes, please e-mail or surface mail me the names of persons to whom I should forward the material. Also, our website is as follows:(http://geocities.com/true monorail/index.html).

Thank you
James Roberts
Director of Public Relations
Swinney-Ferreira Gyro-Dynamics, Inc.
16119 Cloverdale Lane
Cerritos, California 90703-1915
Cell Phone: (1-562-761-4339)
E-mail: (robert5638@earthlink.net)

Date: 1 February 2007
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 03/02/2007 16:18:39
 Dear Mr. Roberts,

You should have a reply. This is a very good forum of its kind and I am only an individual and a limited one at that who sometimes writes an article. This site is all about gyroscopes and there are many interesting things you can find in the gallery, but I venture to say most likely you will not find what you are looking for here. We can wait and see what comes of your letter and hope that you get a useful reply, but it’s not likely. Good luck to you.

Sincerely,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Answer: Peter Przywara - 25/02/2007 05:40:17
 Dear Mr Roberts
I am currently working on a similar project here in Australia. Would love to hear from you my email is Bellaramotors@hotmail.com
regards Peter Przywara

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products