Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

25 April 2024 06:43

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: smeet
Subject: making
Question: how can i make a gyroscope using things available at home?
can i get an image?
Date: 28 July 2007
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Lane Mason - 17/10/2008 10:21:35
 I am a tinkerer at heart and have been building gyro tops for many years. They are not exactly gyroscopes but are simple to make and if you have access to a lathe you would find them extremely easy to build. If you have access to a used metal scrap yard you can probably find the materials you need to build a gyro top and even gyro scope. If size is not an issue, wheel rotors from automobiles make great gyro tops. What is neat about a gyro top is that it requires no gimbals. if you would like a picture of some examples please email me and request some and I will send you E-pictures. Also for smaller gyro scopes the parts for one can be found inside a broken VCR.

Good Luck,
Lane macenuface@gmail.com

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products