Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

28 March 2024 18:09

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Brendan O'Halloran
Subject: Model Gyro Car / Train
Question: i would greatly like to make a model of a gyro car/ train for my final year project in University, (Studying to be a metalwork teacher) anyway if anybody knows where i might get drawings or pictures or anything that would aid the making of a model gyro car/ train it would be greatly appreciated??!
Date: 24 August 2007
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Sandy Kidd - 11/09/2007 07:09:23
 Dear Brendan,
If you search for Louis Bennan’s Monorail Car on the net you should get enough information to build a good working model.
Hope this is what you meant by gyro car.
Will do this myself sometime in the future.
Beware though some of the descriptions or drawings I have seen which relate to Brennan’s system are wrong.
Sandy Kidd

Report Abuse
Answer: Michael Kitson - 18/09/2008 07:11:32
 Robert Graham who was an executor for Louis Brennan deposited Brennan's prototype for his monorail car with the Science Museum in London. I wrote my PhD thesis on Brennan's work and obtained a few of his patents and other material for his monorail. If this reply is not to late my thesis may be of use. I lodged a copy with the Science Museum's Library and two in Kent at Gillingham UK in 2000. I live in Melbourne Australia.
sincerely Michael Kitson

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products