Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

11 May 2024 06:19

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: James Graham
Subject: Special message to Sandy Kidd
Question: Gyroscopic propulsion

Dear Sandy (hopefully you are still alive and atomically gyrating in your familiar old Sandy Kidd physical configuration!)

I'm sure I read about you ages ago in a newpaper. I think you were the crazy guy who drove his wife stark staring mad by sitting in your garden shed tryng to suss out the magical behaviour of gyroscopes. There is only one man on earth who is oddly (not even) more obsessed than you about gyroscopic inertia, and, his name is yours truly James Graham, and... his girl friend has been driven equally mad, if not even madder by this passion! But, my interest stems from a completely different angle than you. I am basically a modest(?!) amateur researcher into linguistics, light years ahead of all my poor academically programmed collegues. I have spent around 18 years directly, or indirectly, researching the effects of inertia on human thinking in my spare time i.e. form dusk till dawn. I live most of the time in the South of France but I have a touch-down pad in Bonny Scotland near Kilmarnock. One day I would be delighted to meet you. I am about to lauch a webside, blog, U-tube combination to spread the word about the 'infinite' importance of not just gyroscopic inertia but reactive universal inertia generally!

I can't wait to meet or chat or meet with you. Email me at the above address....muy pronto!

James

P.S. I have money! And, if any of you out there know Sandy contact me please or tell him to contact me..

Date: 2 October 2007
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Sandy Kidd - 11/10/2007 07:14:41
 Hello James,
I am still alive and kicking, at least this week anyway.
I am that crazy guy you read about, and still just as mad (though some of it could now just be senile dementia).
I have pretty well sorted out the magical behaviour as far as I want or need to know, although so far I have only utilised systems with 2 spin planes. Who knows what other wonders lie in wait for us in systems using multiple planes of spin, but I will have to leave that lot for younger people.
I have not a clue about the affects of inertia on human thinking, but I am sure you will attempt to enlighten me.
I am moving house again this weekend (and to a new shed / workshop which I have been without for many months), so my life right now is in a state of frantic flux. Contact me at sandy.kidd@hotmail.co.uk so that I am within reach at work or at home (as soon as my internet connection is set up, hopefully within a few days)
Regards,
Sandy

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products