Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

11 May 2024 19:50

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Dr.JinXter R. B
Subject: Inventionn
Question: What would a gyroscope which had the possibility of unlimited internal gyro's powered either internally or externally be worth? I have the patent in my head after studying some Of Nikola Tesla's work for many years and am anxious to find a company to build one ,or a million maybe... considering how hard it would be to build by hand Without vibrating in operation mode.. Also, the electronic part that powers the internal gyro's was upgraded while I was Pondering yesterday~ turns out that the wires can be Coiled around the outside axis of the gyro Forming A magnetic field.. which may or may not be a good thing...after all, what can a spherical electro magnetic field do along with the gyro ?...
Date: 11 October 2007
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 14/10/2007 01:48:00
 Hi Doctor R.B.,

You caught my attention. You know what you’re thinking of course, but I was wondering what you mean by ‘gyro power’. Is it rotation’s centrifuge, centripetal, angular momentum, reluctance to being tilted from its spin plain, ability to continue rotating toward infinity? What is it please? I too use words like infinity and ‘unlimited’, but I don’t know what they could actually apply to. You know that everything including the biggest, the universe and the smallest, the elements of the quark and time, force, energy and distance is limited, but of course we mean figuratively unlimited. When you say, ‘…unlimited gyro power.’ Well… you have my attention.

Given time I wish to look into Nikola Tesla's work, ‘the lighting man’ and think about your spherical electro magnetic field generator you’ve learned about. A copper coil is wrapped around the axel, yes? I wish to know how is it electrified and can Hall Sensors, or brushes be somehow used to motor, or generate. I think this is a fabulous idea possibly for a simplest kind of motorized gyro giving balance and durability to the mechanism, while limiting the necessary added weight to the gyro. Where can I find more info? What words and phrases will work for me on the search engine? If you can fill me in a little more I will be happy to give you a layman’s guess, poor as it may be as to what, how and where financial possibilities might lay in store for you for whatever apparatus it is you have in mind. Also there are others here that may have suggestions once we can understand. This is very interesting.

Good Evening,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products