Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

3 May 2024 08:18

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Glenn Hawkins
Subject: Accelerating the space inchworm
Question:
I believe there are four of us, Momentus, Nitro, Luis and myself, who believe in the space inchworm that stops each time it moves and then moves again so that each acceleration gained is spent each time it stops. I still think it is incredible. It’s what’s kept me going all these years, but I’m sure everyone who enters here sees that advancing perhaps in increments of one inch per second is much too slow for a gingerly walk through the autumn woods afire, much less moving through the brilliance black distances of space. More encouraging is that there must be many more than four, who believe in mass displacement, which is really how the inchworm motors along.

The tests for space inchworm propulsion on earth are simple to do. It was one of my very first discoveries, but then to put a complete apparatus in space employing the same techniques requires hypothetical reasoning, for no matter how perfectly and surely the individual techniques have worked, nor how completely sound and logical a combination of techniques interacting together are believed to be a certainty, the combination hasn’t been done on earth, or in space. There is yet another very sound hypothetical to alter the space inchworm in such a way to cause constant propulsion. And that as you know my dear darlings is what everyone here seeks.

I believe the Professor’s last demonstration before a Patten attorney was about a kind of an accelerating space inchworm shown in the pitifully, grainy film that was an awfully wasted opportunity. The setting added nothing. The important thing was how his macaco? gyro functioned. We don’t know. We can’t tell. I’ve found no Patten, no schematics, no nothing of his last attempt, just that grainy film of a gyro floating around in the air held by a string and wiggled to music. What an awful waste of something important in an attempt to add commercial newscast flair by a narrator, who had not a fuzzy headed, babbling clue about the actual importance of the demonstration. Come see come saw. The libraries of Alexander were burned to the ground. Come see come saw. Information is lost.

On several occasions I have tried to explain these things I mention without the available drawings I have, but felt the explanations weren’t good enough because they weren’t simple enough. I deleted them each time. I do that a lot anyway. My point is I will try again taking my time. Anybody can build this apparatus that has the money and wants to, but it won’t be simple to design for all the strange movements. I can help some if anyone wants, because I have over time figured out how to do several different mechanical techniques necessary. You could take your pick. Any of them would need to be tested.

I myself am working on a very different design application of reactions I have as much as explained elsewhere in these posts. Actually this is the first work I’ve been able to bring myself to do in a long time. It’s going very well, but going very slowly and I dare not stop. I’m getting back to it now. I will try to explain how I think the accelerating space inchworm might be built, what it is and how it works. Later.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two recent, very well constructed posts in a row, Luis. What made Harry K.’s statement so excellent was the simple economy of explanation, but of course it was true.
Date: 18 November 2007
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: EDH - 09/03/2008 08:05:35
 Glenn,

Congratualtions on your courage to follow you passion to completion. It sounds like your space inchworm concept is a form of spatial contraction such that a field effect would lock onto a point in space ahead of the craft, compress space so that a point rear of the craft were brought to the first point, then re-expamd resuting in linear displacement of the craft. Interesting- sort of sounds like a form of gravity drive.

Who knows, maybe all of these gyroscopic propulsion effects have something to do with gravity after all...

EDH

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 11/03/2008 00:21:24
 Hi EDH,

You understand more than was explained. You have a mechanical gift.

Lately I had decided to devote more time to actual parts work and less to posting, but you awakened me and for that matter so has the recent activity of the good German engineer. Before you jumped on board I was aware of only a couple here who understood to some degree my mechanical reasoning and except for, Harry K. on occasion and more rarely, Momentus the other few were hardly capable of responding to what was explained. That gets old after a while. If you want more detail look at the other post of the same heading, ‘Accelerating the Space Inchworm’ currently the fifth post down and dated 21 January 2008.

I'm sure gravity doesn’t have anything to do with this one in my way of thinking, but nice guess.

Regards,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products