Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

3 May 2024 06:10

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: francis c voisin
Subject: propulsion pics & vids
Question: dear mr turner
thank you for a very interesting site,i have constucted three machines that precess flywheels in different
ways no thrust but fun to build.i have pictures and videos that i would like to share with other builders.
do you have facilities for downloads of this type,if not i could send a c d for your perusal

yours sincerely

Frank c voisin
Date: 22 November 2007
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 22/11/2007 19:26:11
 Francis,

Good for you! None of us may do drawings etc. here. I wouldn’t know how to send mine if a means were provided. That’s why there is a ton of talked to death bull- (rimes with sheet) here. Yours is the only way, think, build and test. Try YouTube. ‘Luck to you.

Glenn,

Report Abuse
Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 03/12/2007 16:18:04
 I’m wrong in the sequence I mention above, which was think, build and test. Recently I was made aware that the idea of mire thinking is not explanatory enough. Hit and miss thinking will never work. To have any chance the inventor must understand theory forward and backward. He must rely on much past observation and trials he could do and a great deal of good reasoning. He cannot merely think up an idea to try this and that. This is too complicated and requires exactitude. He must be sound in his understanding of how a number of individual gyroscopic events work together in D3 responses relating precisely to a number of other gyroscopes during their indicial and un-indicial responses. Confusing? Well, mire thinking is not enough. One must first know something. He must know quite a lot.

I am happy to admit fault and correct myself. Let us all stay that way you wonderful people. Stay humble. Smile. I’m watching you. You didn’t knowI could see your smilling face in my monitor? You see, you didn’t know everything either.

Glenn,

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products