Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

3 May 2024 04:53

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Link S.
Subject: post
Question: I have heard rumor of a new air powered car being released in france that would run entirely on air and I was reminded of a post Glenn Hawkins made on precession on a box and was wondering if such a device could propel a vehicle of some sort as long as the gyro was set firmly. if someone could tell me if such a thing was possible it would be much apreciated.
Date: 26 February 2008
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 11/03/2008 00:38:19
 Hello Link S.,

Good to see you thinking and working. Did you think your were abandoned? I’m sorry to be so long getting back to you.

I was amassed to find that these first prototype French cars you directed me towards run fifty miles at about sixty miles per hour from a compressed air tank that releases air and is said to sound like a lawn mower. If they are continually reengineered over time it looks like they could eventually become an excellent, cheep and green way to travel. Let’s hope. You can find lots of details by using your search engine.

My space inchworm ‘on a box?’ isn’t suited for earth travel. Well, take it easy if you can get it.

Regards,
Glenn

Report Abuse
Answer: Link S. - 07/05/2008 19:14:09
 Thank you Glenn and with a little more research we may be able to find a way to create linear motion with the force of the gyroscope itself making a Better alternative to travel yet.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products